What's new

Merkur Vision vs. Vision 2000?

Shaved with my newly acquired Vision 2000 this morning:
proxy.php

Cracked right up to N with a new Astra.
Wow! Wow! Wow! What a razor!
I'm assuming this is the 2000 version because there's no set screw below the adjuster ring.

And this is a hobbyist razor for sure.
To me this looks and feels truly amazing, and the shave at top aggression setting is lovely, as good as the Spitfire R41 and Shavecraft Tech, comfortable and irritation free.
For some reason more effective on the troublespots on the jawline under the ears and absolutely irritation free.

This is a revelation to me - I've got one of those Chinese Futur clones coming and wonder how that's going to shape up in comparison.

The Vision 2000 is my new favourite DE!

This is a awesome razor. It can be finicky so clean often.

When it is the V2K's turn in my rotation I run it at the 2nd "I" on the adjuster. A three pass head, face shave with this razor is super BBS! Remember if you become complacent in your technique it will bite you hard.

I use the scale reminders "N" is for nice and "V" is for vicious.

Cheers
John

Second shave with the Vision 2000 last night:
proxy.php

I am blown away by the shave.
On maximum aggression there's a lot of blade feel but the shave is still smooth and comfortable, and this razor feels great in the hand too.

I feel a slight apprehension at the thought of disassembling the Vision for cleaning, but like so many other things in life, I'm sure it will soon come naturally [emoji3]

Very easy to disassemble. Flush it often with water while opening and closing. Awesome razor isn't it.

Chhers
John

Thanks - I bit the bullet and disassembled it and soaked in 5% vinegar solution.
No problems - I was surprised to find that the head reassembly IS asymmetrical as others have found.

There was a very uneven blade gap one way round - when I rotated the silo assembly through 180deg then the blade gap was even on each side.

Weird eh? Why would they engineer something like that?

And on the third shave I am more and more in agreement that this is a truly awesome DE.

Top Bottom