What's new

Member appreciation

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Fair point @Phoenixkh and I must admit I did not check with my givers if they were ok with me disclosing their gift prior to actually doing it. But I am just so excited I cannot stop wagging my tailbone!

Guido
Guido, I wasn't suggesting you shouldn't shout it from the roof tops..I think it's awesome. My suggestion was... I bet a lot of stuff gets sent out and we never hear about it.

I think it's brilliant that you started a thread about both the razors you just received from @Butch Waxx and @Curly Straight.

And I'm totally ok with others who keep things on the down low...

Just a little shout out in utmost appreciation for @mgweatherly. Not only does he have an impressive collection I get to enjoy from the side lines, he is also a very warm and kind brother. So thank you Mitch for reaching out the way you did. I enjoy your journey in razors and blades very much.

Cheers,

Guido

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Just a little shout out in utmost appreciation for @mgweatherly. Not only does he have an impressive collection I get to enjoy from the side lines, he is also a very warm and kind brother. So thank you Mitch for reaching out the way you did. I enjoy your journey in razors and blades very much.

Cheers,

Guido
I think we can say that Mitch is "All in" when it comes to his collection! :thumbup1:

~doug~

Ok - I needed to update this thread and I actually have two updates.

First up is a man who I have never met in person, but I imagine this kind, tender and open-hearted soul that you feel an instant connection with and be totally at ease with. We could definitely drink a cup of coffee and discuss shaving and life at least, but we would surely loose track of time in the process.

He is kind on this forum, I like his openness in pondering and thinking out loud, and he has an amazing collection of razors and brushes (put together in record time by the way!) which I get to admire from a distance - and now we even have a razor in common (see next post) which makes the friendship even more special.

So Kim @Phoenixkh - yes I am talking about you - thank you for being just who you are. I enjoy your journal and experiences. Keep up the great writings and posts!!

Cheers,

Guido.

And the second one for today is none other than a fellow brother I reached out to a couple of months ago as I wanted to share my experiences from this forum with an even newer newbie than me. I think there is universal energy that brought us together and so today I am confronted with the fact that my man undertook an adventure to find me a razor that wasn't in my collection yet. He even sought help from yet other brothers (whom I do not know by tagname - but I thank you for supporting this endeavour) to find a razor he knew would be to my liking (even though I did make it perfectly clear my gift was not a reciprocal arrangement of sorts.

So imagine my surprise when returning home from work and finding an envelop with my name on it and from a well-known shaving shop. It felt heavy - what...is...this... And this turned out to be the Green Cult 2.0 with the level II baseplate.

And for those following my other stories - guess what Guido06 said when he saw this GC2.0: "That is a sick razor!" and then - get this - "indirectly this is a gift to me...you know...when you are no longer here"!!

My dear @flask28 - thank you for your efforts and ways to find and then gift me this razor. It is a beauty and so up for tomorrow's shave!! I will treasure this gift forever.

Cheers,

Guido.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Ok - I needed to update this thread and I actually have two updates.

First up is a man who I have never met in person, but I imagine this kind, tender and open-hearted soul that you feel an instant connection with and be totally at ease with. We could definitely drink a cup of coffee and discuss shaving and life at least, but we would surely loose track of time in the process.

He is kind on this forum, I like his openness in pondering and thinking out loud, and he has an amazing collection of razors and brushes (put together in record time by the way!) which I get to admire from a distance - and now we even have a razor in common (see next post) which makes the friendship even more special.

So Kim @Phoenixkh - yes I am talking about you - thank you for being just who you are. I enjoy your journal and experiences. Keep up the great writings and posts!!

Cheers,

Guido.
Guido.

Thank you for the kind words. It sure would be wonderful to sit together, enjoying a cup of coffee.. or some great Indonesian food.

We joined B&B within a few days of each other... and this group of fine people have assisted us in countless ways. It's been a joy to learn along with you and the rest of the crowd here.

Yes, three cheers for @Phoenixkh! He is always supportive, informative, helpful, and kind. We've been immersed in this hobby for about the same time and he is quick to learn and even quicker to share that knowledge. Any discussion he is in is all the better for it!

Another shout out to @APBinNCA, who has helped me more than he can imagine. At the same time he never made me feel like a failure, even though this hobby can be humbling at times.

And the second one for today is none other than a fellow brother I reached out to a couple of months ago as I wanted to share my experiences from this forum with an even newer newbie than me. I think there is universal energy that brought us together and so today I am confronted with the fact that my man undertook an adventure to find me a razor that wasn't in my collection yet. He even sought help from yet other brothers (whom I do not know by tagname - but I thank you for supporting this endeavour) to find a razor he knew would be to my liking (even though I did make it perfectly clear my gift was not a reciprocal arrangement of sorts.

So imagine my surprise when returning home from work and finding an envelop with my name on it and from a well-known shaving shop. It felt heavy - what...is...this... And this turned out to be the Green Cult 2.0 with the level II baseplate.

And for those following my other stories - guess what Guido06 said when he saw this GC2.0: "That is a sick razor!" and then - get this - "indirectly this is a gift to me...you know...when you are no longer here"!!

My dear @flask28 - thank you for your efforts and ways to find and then gift me this razor. It is a beauty and so up for tomorrow's shave!! I will treasure this gift forever.

Cheers,

Guido.

You are so welcome @Guido75! You've been an inspiration to me - and obviously a ton of others. I hope you enjoy the razor and I know I'll enjoy reading your thoughts on it. And I'm with you, @Phoenixkh is a heck of a guy.

As are so many others. Thank you Guido for helping me lighten my Karma debt a little. It still there, but less so today!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks amigo, too kind and waaaaay to much credit for my tidbits of info. But, I've always said it's a hobby that brings me gratification as I always look for the experience in trying something new or different. I've been blessed and fortunate to been able to acquire some of the shave items that I've attained in my short time as a shave enthusiast. I've learned so much from so many here and from some that are longer present on this good earth.

There are some great members here in the B&B that are just good Gents. But, I do have a few that I consider to be the well of shave knowledge & experiences.

@Cal, @Chan Eil Whiskers, @mjclark, @Hannah's Dad, @Graydog, @Ron R, @Iridian, @nvpliers, @Calm_Shaver, @HighSpeedSpoon, @Grundi, @never-stop-learning, @cmh737, @kingfisher plus a few more that escape me at the moment. Besides being knowledgeable in general on shave etiquette, they all have shown good common human decency, humor and just plain being nice at least in all my interactions with the aforementioned shave brethren.

It costs nothing to be a gentleman and I might not agree with everything that they might have to say but, when they do say something, more times than not I tune in to it.

Oh, can't forget @FarmerTan as he brings the most important aspect to the whole shave conversation and that's good humor & laughter.

Thank you again @JAHE as you're on that list as well my friend. It's an honor & privilege to know and to have built some relationships here where shaving is just a part of the conversations with my shave brothers.
Don't know how I missed this, but thank you for the recognition friend @GlazedBoker ! I will always remember with joy the PIF you started with those Dollar Store DE razors that so many of us were given by you. Quite possibly the ONLY PIF where the postage cost 5x the price of the product! Last I saw, that thread was well over a thousand posts long.

Thanks so much for making me feel so welcome here my friend.

I just want to acknowledge @LRod whose avatar should actually read LRad for his amazing collection, his reviews and his almost tacid sense of pure shaving joy and sharing that joy on the forum.

Thanks for your threads!

Guido
Wow Guido!
It's a privilege to share this with you all and to be a part of this community. You are all wonderful people! It brings me joy to use and share my experiences with all of you.
Thank you for this!
Larry

Top Bottom