What's new

Maybe I'll learn something.

08/19/22

Preshave: Luke warm shower
Brush: RV Shaving Contributors brush 26mm Shavemac bulb
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Platinum
Bowl: Face Lathered
Razor: 1959 Fatboy W9-X5-A2
Blade: Vintage Schick Stainless Steel Krona edges (3)
Splash: Fine Platinum
Balm: Fine Platinum + Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Frag: Fine Platinum
Rating: 9.8 DFS+

First use of this brush in a while. Face lathering was fun. This is my only shavemac in a bulb. I enjoyed face lathering very much. This knot is only going to get better.

Fatboy Friday was great. The 195 really pairs well with the Schick blade. I used settings 9 for WTG, 5 for XTG, and, 2 for ATG plus touch up buffing on my neck with not a hint of irritation. Not as smooth as last week. Close enough.

I had been enjoying Martin de Candre, but, Fine Classic soap line is really great stuff. I’m glad I got some while it was still available.

So my post shave is kind of long. I let each application absorb/dry then progress to the next. I have a lot of time. Today was witch Hazel, splash, balm, plus Neutragena Hydro Boost. I use the witch hazel and Hydro Boost at night or other times too.

full

8 day beard
Preshave: Shower
Brush: RV Shaving Contributors brush 26mm Shavemac bulb
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Platinum
Razor: No 77 Gillette New Long Comb RFB
Blade: Vintage Made in England Wilkinson Sword (1)
Splash: Fine Platinum
Balm: Fine Platinum + Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Frag: Fine Platinum
Rating: 9.7 DFS+

I took the Pic a few days ago, but, my heart wasn't in it, so I used this setup today. May as get one Anglophile shave in with an RFB and a Wilki8nson Sword. Considering what I asked of the blade today, I am quite satisfied with my 4 pass shave. AAA going along just Fine! The Shavemac 2 band silvertip is a nice brush. It takes time to get to it's best qualities. I have a few, but, not in bulb which I prefer. One day I will really love this one. Right now It has some steep competition. I will keep using it for a while. May shave tomorrow just cause. I have 4 British Razors. Two FB Techs, the No 77, and, the first gen Aristocrat No 15 OC.

SEptember 1st
09/01/22

Soap: Martin de Candre Vetyver
Brush: Omega Evo
Razor: Gem Micromatic "Bullet Tip"
Blade: Unknown, they say Gem on one side and Stainless on the other
Splash: Cattie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream
Frag: St Johns Vetiver
Rating: 9.6 DFS

First shave with the Bullet Tip. I have two kinds of blades. I picked the one that said Stainless on it as I remembered reading those were the blades to use. One nick I felt as I did it. It bled a bit till I treated it to both styptic and alum mid shave. I did one pass with, my chin and mustache against, and then a whole across pass. A few red dots that didn't bleed. Synth also starts with S so I will be dedicating this month to my one synthetic, the Omega Evo. I face lathered today. The Evo holds it's own and is a champ.

SEptember 9th
Second shave of the month
09/09/22

Preshave Shower
Soap Martin de Candre Vetyver
Brush Omega Evo
Face Lathered
Razor Razorock Hawk V3OC / @Rosseforp GTS handle aluminum and bronze 19 gram
Blade Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG
Post PAA Alum / Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel Toner
Splash Cattie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris
Balm Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream
Frag St Johns Vetver
Rating DFS 9.6

First shave with a AC razor. No cuts, a couple of red spots on my chin. It was a pleasant shave. The comb is comfortable, but, I will probably add the A plate. I don't know how I feel about the AC guarded blade. It was interesting. I do dislike having to take extra time to clean out the tines.

SEptember 23rd
Third shave of the month.
09/23/22

Preshave: Shower with PAA Mentholated Cube
Face Lathered
Razor Razorock Hawk V3OC / @Rosseforp GTS handle aluminum and bronze 19 gram
Blade: Schick Proline 1
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream
Frag: St Johns Vetver
Rating: DFS 9.6

Two week shave. The Prolines are sharp. I am not comfortable with the Hawk yet. I think I need to build up to these blades, or, use them with less growth. I felt each nick telling me what not to do. There is red on each area of my face. I played with the angle a bit, but, neutral felt best. I think I will get at least one more shave in SEptember.

SEptember 30th
Fourth shave of the month
09/30/22

Preshave: PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower
Brush: Omega Evo face lathered
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3 OC / @Rosseforp aluminum and bronze GTS handle 19 gram
Blade Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG 2
Post PAA Alum / Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel Toner
Balm Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream
Frag: Guerlain Homme
Rating: 9.7 DFS +

One small weeper that I took care of as soon as it happened. Over all a great shave. Best AC shave yet even if it is only my third. Looking forward to OCtober.

OCtober 7th
first shave of the month
10/07/22

Brush: 2022 RV Shaving Contributors brush 26mm Shavemac bulb in Cobalt
Face Lathered
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb Raised Flat Bottom
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (15)
Splash: Cattie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris!!! That woke me up!
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Rating drama free 9.8 DFS+

ALL HAIL THE RFB!

OCtober 18th
Second shave
10/18/22

Brush: 2022 RV Shaving Contributors brush 26mm Shavemac bulb in Cobalt
Face Lathered
Razor: Rotbart Mond Extra Short Comb Raised Flat Bottom
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (16)
Rating drama free 9.8 DFS+

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I know the feeling. I've had to struggle to get four shaves in this month.

~doug~
I really feel your struggle and feel a bit guilty now, every time I shave... my wife finds something else to do and leaves me totally alone. I'm serious... I think about you at the beginning of every shave now... but after I start my shower.... I won't lie. I forget all about you. <eg> I get in the zone.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I really feel your struggle and feel a bit guilty now, every time I shave... my wife finds something else to do and leaves me totally alone. I'm serious... I think about you at the beginning of every shave now... but after I start my shower.... I won't lie. I forget all about you. <eg> I get in the zone.
It's no problem as long as WhichyPoo is asleep or at work, or the kids are at school, or......

I do sometimes get to get in the zone. It's a rarity though.

~doug~

icm_fullxfull.418749263_m9uz26ga068kow088wos.jpg
OCtober 24th
third shave
10/24/22

Face Lathered
Razor: Rotbart Mond Extra Short Comb Raised Flat Bottom
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Made in England (2)
Rating drama free 2 pass shave 9.7 DFS

There was a tiny weeper on my chin that stopped bleeding when I touched it. Love the Rotbart Mond Extra. RFB goodness in a short comb variant. Evo performed well as always. I forgot to soak the contributors brush as I was in a hurry, so synthetic it was. The rest of my fixed lineup preformed excellant. I did switch up frags today though.

November 07
first shave

Preshave: Shower with PAA Mentholated Cube
Brush 2022 RV Shaving Contributors Brush 26mm Shavemac Two Band Silvertip in Cobalt
Face Lathered
Razor Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Aluminum and Brass @Rosseforp GTS handle
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Made in England (3)
Rating 9.7 DFS+

2 pass plus touch up to knock down a 15 day beard. One red spot that didn't bleed on my chin. After shave brunt a bit. It was still pleasant. As was the rest of my gear. I hadn't touched my Wolfman since early August.

November 17
second shave.

Preshave: PAA Mentholated Cube face lathered Omega Evo for several minutes
Brush 2022 RV Shaving Contributors Brush 26mm Shavemac Two Band Silvertip in Cobalt
Face Lathered
Blade: Vintage Persona Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Rating 9.7 DFS+

I shower before my shave. I have found no amount of preshave efforts have proved as efficent and drama free as a shower. Especially when I am attacking a 10 day beard. With a sharp new weapon of choice no less, the Persona Super Platinum Chrome blade. This blade is sharp. This blade is smooth. A smarter man would have propperly hydrated his beard before shaving with an unknown blade in a razor he is out of practice using. I enjoyed my shave thoroughly I did 1 WTG pass, 2 XTG passes, and, 1 ATG plus touchup. Results about my standard shave ,but, with many weepers and nicks.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
November 17
second shave.

Preshave: PAA Mentholated Cube face lathered Omega Evo for several minutes
Face Lathered
Blade: Vintage Persona Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Rating 9.7 DFS+

I shower before my shave. I have found no amount of preshave efforts have proved as efficent and drama free as a shower. Especially when I am attacking a 10 day beard. With a sharp new weapon of choice no less, the Persona Super Platinum Chrome blade. This blade is sharp. This blade is smooth. A smarter man would have propperly hydrated his beard before shaving with an unknown blade in a razor he is out of practice using. I enjoyed my shave thoroughly I did 1 WTG pass, 2 XTG passes, and, 1 ATG plus touchup. Results about my standard shave ,but, with many weepers and nicks.
Heal quickly and give that WR2 1.25 a little more respect!

~doug~

Heal quickly and give that WR2 1.25 a little more respect!

~doug~
I'll get it. There is always the possibility that I should have kept my 1.15 with which I had my best results. At the same time I masacred my face a few times with it as well. Maybe a 0.95? This ways still a comfortable shave, and, the splash I felt the menthol more than burn. I also kind of want to try a Vector. That small head fascinates me. A bunch of my nicks were trying to smooth around my nostrils. I have thinned the den a bit, and, yesterday sold my Espresso machine. That was fun getting to UPS. It has been some time since RAD grabbed me. Then again, I keep seeming to acquire new knives and watches. I have fallen into a 7 to 10 day shaving cycle. A feat that the 1.25 handles with class when I am on my game.

I intentionally don’t talk about my health, but, it plays a big role in how often I am able to shave and how with it I am when I do. I have been highly medicated for many years. I am fairly isolated in my apartment with my cat. I don’t get out much. It is hard to relate to friends with families. I divorced ten years ago and been a bitter bachelor since. So no one interrupts my shave, but, maintenance people from the apartment complex and me. I am by far the biggest factor in not shaving. I would like to shave more often. I think it would help my technique. I need to be able to do it without focus. That means some days I should use a different razor.

Top Bottom