Brush: M&F Heritage II L7 in antique ivory and tortoise shell 26 mm hybrid
Soap: Martin de Candre Vetyver
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Fat Tech Handle
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (12)
Balm : Brickell Instant Relief
Splash: Fine Green Vetiver with a ton of menthol
Frag: Guerlain Homme EdP
Rating: DFS+ 9.7 a little blood

First shave with the WR2 1.25 in a month. A good shave, but, I was a little heavy handed. Alum, styptic, and Brickell came out. That said I am smoother than I have been in a while.

05/14/22

Preshave: Warm shower
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors brush 26mm Shavemac in Cobalt
Razor: Karve CB F plate OC/ Fat Tech handle
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (13)
Splash: Fine Green Vetiver with a ton of menthol
Balm: Brickell Instant Relief followed by Neutrogena Hydro-Boost Cream Gel
Frag: TBD
Rating: a very bloody DFS. 9.5

There is a lot going on in my personal life. I get overwhelmed easily. The last week has been hard.

05/19/22

Preshave: Shea butter last night, and, PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower
Brush: Elite Razor 26mm Manchurian bulb in Laos Ironwood and Wildhorse Jasper
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB on a fat Tech handle
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (14)
Splash: Fine Green Vetiver with a ton of menthol added
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro-Boost Gel-Cream
Frag: Guerlain Homme EdP
Rating: slightly bloody DFS+ 9.7

05/24/22

Preshave: Shea butter last night and PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower.
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper.
Brush: Rudy Vey 2019 LE Manchurian.
Soap: Martin de Candre Vetyver.
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Gillette Fat Tech Handle.
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (15).
Splash: Fine Green Vetiver with a ton of menthol.
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream.
Frag: Guerlain Homme.
Rating: DFS+ 9.7.

Still not back in the groove with the WR2/Tech handle combo. It was less bloody, but, I nicked myself a few times. A few more shaves ought to do it. I know Martin de Candre fairly well at this point. I have to pack for my move. I picked up 150 feet of bubble wrap for glass bottles, razors without boxes, etc.
image.jpg
I have to pack my gear for the next month, and, then into the medium uhaul box of shave stuff it. I have to get all the boxes out for things that have them, and wrap the glass that is already in the box. I’ve been throwing shaving boxes in there for some time. This is not all my software. I have doubles and more of limited run and discontinued software in the box. image.jpg

Probably going to need another box.
image.jpg
Luckily there is an empty right next to it
My hardware is scattered right now.

Need to call some liquor stores for more boxes.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
05/24/22

Brush: Rudy Vey 2019 LE Manchurian.
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Gillette Fat Tech Handle.
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (15).
Splash: Fine Green Vetiver with a ton of menthol.
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream.
Frag: Guerlain Homme.
Rating: DFS+ 9.7.

Still not back in the groove with the WR2/Tech handle combo. It was less bloody, but, I nicked myself a few times. A few more shaves ought to do it. I know Martin de Candre fairly well at this point. I have to pack for my move. I picked up 150 feet of bubble wrap for glass bottles, razors without boxes, etc.
View attachment 1461333
I have to pack my gear for the next month, and, then into the medium uhaul box of shave stuff it. I have to get all the boxes out for things that have them, and wrap the glass that is already in the box. I’ve been throwing shaving boxes in there for some time. This is not all my software. I have doubles and more of limited run and discontinued software in the box. View attachment 1461306

Probably going to need another box.
View attachment 1461308
Luckily there is an empty right next to it
My hardware is scattered right now.

Need to call some liquor stores for more boxes.
Have you found a new place yet, Michael? I just finished moving 6 months ago, don't miss that one bit!

~doug~

Have you found a new place yet, Michael? I just finished moving 6 months ago, don't miss that one bit!

~doug~
I have found a place, and, have been approved. I don't have a date yet and I haven't paid a holding fee. The management recently acquired the complex, and, are renovating the whole complex. My apartment should be done around June 13th. I have to be out of here by June 18th. I'm trying to focus on what I can do to get ready. Worst case my stuff sits on a truck for a few days, and, I find some where for Chloe and Me until it's ready.

05/31/22

Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors brush 26mm Shavemac two band silvertip in cobalt.
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB on a fat Tech Handle.
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (16)
Splash: Fine Green Vetiver with a ton of menthol added.
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Frag: Guerlain Homme
Rating: DFS+ 9.7

I managed to nick myself twice. Still a good shave. Perms-Sharps are a good match. Still sharp and smooth.

Fine Green Vetiver is got less than a third in the bottle. Wet The Face Grey’s Vetiver arrived today. It was the last. The clone of the clone from Razilo on Amazon is at CVS to pick up. Catie’s Bubbles Un Jour Gris is also on the way. One of the three will get the menthol treatment and take it’s place in my fixed lineup. Not sure about whether to use up the Green Vetiver. I will probably pack it. There won’t be any more.

Martin de Candre doesn’t hold any mysteries anymore. I had exactly enough lather for three passes plus touch up. It is just great soap. I have barely made an indent in the jar. I will definitely be keeping this out.

The Contributors brush is my favorite Shavemac brush. The rest will be sold after the move. Well one will be in a pif. I want to do a few pifs.

I have friends coming to help me get ready for the move tomorrow. I have started putting items in their boxes for packing. Still have like half the Uhaul box o shaving to go through.

I'll likely pick up the Razilo Fresh Vetiver from CVS where they are holding my package from UPS later.
For now though Two first impressions. Wet The Face Grey's Vetiver. Nowhere near Fine Fresh Vetiver. Might be good a good mix, but, the scent just seems disjointed some how. This will likely get pifed. Catie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris Before and after shave comes together much better somehow. I can tell these three are all based on the same scent, but, how they do it is different. As I am out of the discontinued Fine Fresh Vetiver sample, after trying the Razilo, I will likely secure some of Un Jour Gris for future use with Martin de Candre Vetyver. I'm just not expecting much from Razilo after shaves.

Please heal quickly from the shave boo-boos
Thanks,they were little and did not bleed much.
I'll likely pick up the Razilo Fresh Vetiver from CVS where they are holding my package from UPS later.
For now though Two first impressions. Wet The Face Grey's Vetiver. Nowhere near Fine Fresh Vetiver. Might be good a good mix, but, the scent just seems disjointed some how. This will likely get pifed. Catie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris Before and after shave comes together much better somehow. I can tell these three are all based on the same scent, but, how they do it is different. As I am out of the discontinued Fine Fresh Vetiver sample, after trying the Razilo, I will likely secure some of Un Jour Gris for future use with Martin de Candre Vetyver. I'm just not expecting much from Razilo after shaves.
Tried both Grey's Vetiver and Un Jour Gris today. Grey's Vetiver is better than I thought in use. It will get some menthol. Catie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris is still my favorite so far. It has just enough menthol already. It is as strong as Fine if not stronger. I am going to definitely score a few bottles of this for the shave-pocalypse. I am not sure if I will invest in Tom Ford, or, if I will keep pairing with Guerlain Homme. I think I might get a bottle, but, only for special occasions. Maybe not this month. The Guerlain is affordable enough I can wear it more often. I rarely leave the house, a frag is just part of the ritual for me. I need to use these after shaves a bit more before making a decision.

Razilo After Shaves are about what I expected. It smells like the others more or less. Ordered the last bottle of Un Jour Gris on the Catie's Bubbles site. Not sure if it is going away or not. Nowhere else seems to have anything but the soap.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Wow, I take off for a week and a lot is going on. I hope your move is a smooth one for you and Chloe Michael.

P.S. I like your tabby cat avatar.

06/14/22

Preshave: Warm Shower
Brush: Omega Evo
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Gillette fat Tech handle
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (17)
Splash: Cattie’s Bubbles Un Jour Gris
Balm: Neutragena Hydro Boost
Frag: Guerlain Homme
Rating: DFS 9.7

Two weeks growth was a little slow going for more or less all 3 passes. The Perma-Sharp on shave 17 was smooth and sharp regardless. No tugging. Still a well designed Open Comb would have been good for today.

Un Jour Gris is quite pleasant. Nice shot of menthol. Warm. It is a good splash. Pairs well with both soap and fragrance.

I hope I don’t go two weeks again for a while.

Last edited:
Well I was supposed to get my apartment yesterday. Unfortunately delayed to Friday. At least I have my address, and, can get everything switched over. I have two helpers from Uhaul for two hours for a fair price. A friend is also helping to include last minute packing. I repacked my shaving gear. The medium Uhaul box was too much. I split everything up to seven or eight smaller boxes. Much easier to work with. Still got a long way to go. Went through a lot of bubble wrap today.

Top Bottom