What's new

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in
IMG_1146.jpeg

Today's shave, 1 day of growth

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Soap (SOTM) : Godrej Cinthol
Brush : Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Osma Alum block, Bootleg Greene Freeze, Nivea Sensitive calm moisturizer

Now for the fun fact of the day. I have been dealing with a fruit flies invasion and struggling to get ride of them. As I was pouring some some Witch hazel in the palm of my hand I discover a dead fruit fly in the liquid and was like what the heck ... just to discover that they had decided to commit suicide in the bottle ... I guess I have another tool to get ride of those pesky beast now ...

IMG_1904.jpg

Day 17 and still in. This razor should be my least favourite: to light, tang is like a cutting instrument itself, but the shaves it delivers! Woof! :)

Over halfway, comrades: have great shaves and forget where you put your credit cards! :D

Day 16, 51.6% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Al Handle, Astra SP #2
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

I tried the open comb Game Changer again. It's fun to use WTG, feels like it mows everything down more effectively than the safety bar, but using it every day gave me irritation the last time.

Today's was a comfortable DFS+, I avoided using it ATG on my neck, and got an acceptable result.

Not shaving supplies, but a new watch, maybe not strictly against the GRUME rules but my conscience tells me that I am out.

Nice one. I got a Seiko 5 (Military dial) in 2007, and it's still going strong.

I'm definitely on the mend

Glad to hear it.

Date17.05.2024
366 daily shaves
138/366

RazorBladeBrush
Fatip Special Edition GentileGillette Minora (4)Razorock Beehive
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (4)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
7/10
(DFS)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

Summary. It's Friday and it is been a long time, so today is a Fatip Friday!! Of course it was a splendid shave. All comfort. All effectiveness. All rolled into one. Soap is very splendid as well - joy to lather and a joy to use.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Still in, no shave.

On route to a family camp in the Chapleau area for the long weekend. And then a 6 day solo backpacking lollygag.
Shaves at camp will be Arko!, synthetic travel brush, 1974 SuperSpeed with Perma-sharp blade, and Clubman or XXX splash.

See everyone in a while.
Jay

Top Bottom