What's new

May 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I love both Rosso and MdC Rose. Sometimes one is the right answer, sometimes the other. These days, I prefer Rose.
Hear hear.

Attachments

• 510C7031-F949-4C3E-A68A-FF3F332C22A3.jpeg
    510C7031-F949-4C3E-A68A-FF3F332C22A3.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 7
Still in and signed up for June

Gillette '48-'49 NDC Super Speed
Wilkinson Sword (6)
Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Omega 10065 Boar
The Veg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Twenty-eight hours and two shaves to go for me.

During this evening's shave, I again tested my GD W59 with the FPT. This blade is still improving from its last FPT. It's amazing what stropping on diamond pasted balsa can do to an edge.

On Monday morning, I'll pull out the Titan 1918 ACRO T.H. 70 for a shave. For June I'll rotate between two Titans (ACRO & ACRM-2) and GD W59.

Still in! SOTD - 30 MAY 2020

SOTD 05302020.jpg

Great shave with this setup. The soap is slick but didn't go above my expectation. The shavette really requires the slickest of them all to get a comfortable shave. I had couple tugging spots but nothing crazy.

Ready for next month! I am tempted to bleach some of my scratchy brushes but I think that'll get me out of the race.. I'll wait until some other month to do that.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This evening I had my last shave of the May GRUME. Rather than finish off with the GD W59, I decided to get the precision generic Chinese SS shavette from my carry-on dop bag and take it for a drive. I haven't used this razor for a few months and wanted to make sure that I hadn't lost my touch with the shavette.

Fitted a half Ming Shi blade, prepped up and did a single WTG pass. Smooth as silk shaving with no irritation or skin damage.

I haven't lost my shavette touch.

Thank you all for your company in this May GRUME. Tomorrow I start ordering for my second matching 7DS of SR's.

Top Bottom