What's new

Mass Appeal DE blade

1640270338152.png

I may be criticized for this recommendation but I would recommend Derby Extra. They're not sharp but they are smooth. If I don't know how sensitive your skin is, I would err and on the side of caution. That doesn't mean they're the best, however, and like any blade, it may not work for you. It's a polarizing choice for certain. If I have to be less contraversial, then my pick would be red pack Personna's.

Generally, the blade would be what I am shaving with--unless that specific blade--and not the brand, is a 'lemon'.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
#1 Gillette silver Blue, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.

Gillette 7oClock SP(black) Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity, similar to the GSB IMO.

Gilette Silver Blue or a Gilette KCG assuming price is no object. The first is still my standard benchmark a razor blade

But currently I shave more with wizamets

I have a question that is related to the tried-and-true "list your favorite blade" but with a slight twist. Instead of listing your personal favorite blade, the one that works best for you, instead list the blade you believe is most likely to appeal to the broadest section of wet shavers. In other words, if you had to recommend a single blade to 100 people with the goal of maximizing the number who found that blade to be good (not necessarily great), what blade would you recommend?
Shark- mild for all.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What troubled you on first use? I had 5 from years back and think the times I used it if I recall correctly were all smooth and sharp. For me, nothing has unseated yet its smoothness (I'll have to try one of the teflon promoted blades soon), but the only reason why I didn't want to pick it is because I think it's too sharp for mass appeal.
Hmm... I think it's "just right" in the sharpness department. I think even a "noobie" would fall in love with this blade.

Wilkinson Sword. With that said, I have only used 7 different blades, so my experience is limited in the other blades that have been listed. Also, only a few of the blades listed are ones that I've tried. In addition, depending upon which razor I use, my own ranking chart was different for the Astra. When using my 1946-50 Gillette 3 Piece Non-Adjustable Ball End Tech, I rated the Astra a 5/10, however, when using my Muhle R89 I rated it an 7/10. Looks like the next time I order blades I will be trying out some of the top listed blades.

Top Bottom