What's new

March 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I'm in

1) FoolishMortal - FFFMM
2) Multum in parvo
3) Chriwilson - FFFMM
4) Kyle89
5) Spirograph
6) Balin - GRUYERE
7) Heavy_Metal_Hound
8) Doti B
9) silverlifter - FFFMM / GRFL
10) JAHE - GRUYERE (no further exception) / FFFMM
11) hopper_64 - FFFMM
12) wmadoty - FFFMM
13) bjm
14) Roedeer
15) Angus MacAngus (GRUYERE/FFFMM)
16) kjbarth (GRUYERE)
17) La Malice FFFMM
18) djmillard
19) elmo_koffman (GRUYERE/FFFMM)
20) bobbyb
21) JWCowboy
22) Sandorfi (SOTM)
23) Tomo
24) B_R_A_D (GRUYERE)
25) berwick12
26) Adam18
27) “6”
28) Dodger59
29) ShavingPanda
30) Sammy671 - (FFFMM)
31) Dominic
32) Cantujm
33) CzechCzar
34) Jack Goossen (pen.)
35) cryhavoc

Welcome to March! My Azaleas are blooming!

GF Trumper Limes Cream
RR Bruce
Supply SE
Supply Black Label (5)
Speick AS

Although I am getting a decent final result, the Supply SE and I are not getting along. It seems I just don’t want to, or can’t maintain the shallow angle required. PM me if interested in a trade. Otherwise I am likely to return it.

Peace

It's the 1st day of the month, obviously I'm still in

Pre-Shave: Cold water, Skinfood
Lather: GFT Officer & Gentleman
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T1
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom New
Blade: Tiger Platinum (4)
Post-shave: Cold water, Alum block and Fuar Ach Snog

It is the first day of the month so why not get it off to a good start. A classic wtg, xtg & atg shave should do it. My face is now silky smooth with no irritation.

Good luck with this months restraint folks.

First shave in March. Using my Micromatic Clog Pruf with the GEM PTFE razor, which I think is an awesome razor/blade combo. Smooth, efficient, and extremely close shave while being very comfortable. I did switch up the soap I using this month for the FFFMM, the Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood applied with the Omega Boar created a wonderful lather. 2-pass head shave, S-N, dolphin smooth.

FFFMM.jpeg

Ah, and it begins. Will see how many months in a row I can pull this off. Going to try to stay involved until at least this summer. I can't even remotely think about anything I'd want for quite a while, but from past experience that thought tends to change fairly quickly.

Regardless, still in!

GRUME : 1/16 (every other day shave here)
FFMMM : 1/16

IMG-9184.jpg

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Preshave : Proraso Blue
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Proraso Blue
Razor : Merkur 34 HD Chrome
Blade : Voshkod (1)

New month, new blade, 2 nick that pretty much sealed themselves up before I was done shaving, a bit of irritation, I guess the skin is still reeling from last month dulled blade.

SOTD
  • Slim (4)*
  • Nacet (22)*
  • Vintage Yardley*
  • Century boar (?)*
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Orange Chill ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
*FFFMM

A very nice two-pass shave.

The Yardley soap, despite being unused for at least two years - and almost certainly three - performed admirably. The lather was creamy, dense, slick and pleasant. It just lacks some scent, but hey, it's old and in a container that doesn't seal. Results like this make me wonder why such a product was discontinued. I'm curious to see what the internal ring does versus the outer ring; the difference is quite pronounced.

The Slim did what it does. The shave was trouble-free, as I expect from the Slim, but I'd like to get just a touch closer with the result. I used it for the first time in a year or more and started on 4, and I think I'll bump it up to 5 to try to gain a bit more efficiency. I used to use it consistently on 3, but my technique has improved or my skin has toughened up or I've just gotten used to a slightly more aggressive razor. Of course, that might have something to do with using a blade with 20+ shaves on it, so while I will go to 5 (or higher) with the current blade, I'll drop back down to 4 when I put in a new blade.

The brush is the wild card in all this. It's stiff and prickly, and I strongly suspect that someone tried to "shape" a perfectly fine boar. I could get (even) better lather from a different brush, but I'm sticking with this one through the month of March. By the end of that time, the brush will be broken in...or I will be broken.

Onward!

SOTD_030122.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to be back on a restraint, my wife and wallet thank you. Today's Shave of The Day:

Gillette Blue Razor | Shark Super Stainless Blade | Vitos (green) Soap | Previously Broken Synthetic Brush

It was a very nice shave but after the OBiF challenge almost any shave with a new blade would be. My Vitos is several years old and has lost its scent and dried out but it still lathered well and performed great.

Picture at the following link for any that are interested:

I am back to DE safety razor shaving after a 5 year hiatus. I went on a shopping binge last week, but would like to behave for the month of March. I have yet to receive 2 items from Amazon but I ordered them last weekend.

1) FoolishMortal - FFFMM
2) Multum in parvo
3) Chriwilson - FFFMM
4) Kyle89
5) Spirograph
6) Balin - GRUYERE
7) Heavy_Metal_Hound
8) Doti B
11) hopper_64 - FFFMM
12) wmadoty - FFFMM
13) bjm
14) Roedeer
16) kjbarth (GRUYERE)
17) La Malice FFFMM
18) djmillard
20) bobbyb
21) JWCowboy
22) Sandorfi (SOTM)
23) Tomo
24) B_R_A_D (GRUYERE)
25) berwick12
26) Adam18
27) “6”
28) Dodger59
29) ShavingPanda
30) Sammy671 - (FFFMM)
31) Dominic
32) Cantujm
33) CzechCzar
34) Jack Goossen (pen.)
35) cryhavoc
36) dduck

Last edited:
1) FoolishMortal - FFFMM
2) Multum in parvo
3) Chriwilson - FFFMM
4) Kyle89
5) Spirograph
6) Balin - GRUYERE
7) Heavy_Metal_Hound
8) Doti B
11) hopper_64 - FFFMM
12) wmadoty - FFFMM
13) bjm
14) Roedeer
16) kjbarth (GRUYERE)
17) La Malice FFFMM
18) djmillard
20) bobbyb
21) JWCowboy
22) Sandorfi (SOTM)
23) Tomo
24) B_R_A_D (GRUYERE)
25) berwick12
26) Adam18
27) “6”
28) Dodger59
29) ShavingPanda
30) Sammy671 - (FFFMM)
31) Dominic
32) Cantujm
33) CzechCzar
34) Jack Goossen (pen.)
35) cryhavoc
36) dduck
37) FL shaver

Same ol'. Weleda, TGN knot in some restored handle, G5 scuttle, 34C/Astra SP.......

Top Bottom