What's new

Making time to shave in the mornings

I do a complete clean up of brush, bowl, and complete razor after every shave and it takes maybe 2 minutes max each morning after applying alum post shave and pre-after shave!! That includes breaking down the razor that I used and cleaning the blade off for the next shave. I don't think my entire 3 pass shave exceeds 15 minutes in total but since I'm not rushed I don't really pay attention. It sounds like your on the right path and I'm sure it will get better with your technique improving. I don't think shaving at the gym is the answer because your not showering there. The idea of shaving at night and then in the morning again sounds to be the best alternative but you are still stuck with clean up after the morning shave so in reality your not saving all that much time in cutting 1-2 passes off the morning shave.

Either go to the Gym at night, on the way home from work or get one of the many exercise equipment (paid for by the money saved spent on the gym membership) for a morning workout at home, saving travel time to and from Gym.

As a Construction worker I showered at night, then in the morning a quick 3-5 min. shower and a nice 15 min shave, including a hot washcloth beard soak.

Not only did it make me want to buy one but it gave me an idea which further solves my problem. I can do a 3 pass shave in the evening and I can leave some lather in the bowl for the morning. I can cleanup the razor and brush. In the morning I can do a quick clean up pass applying lather by hand. The only clean up I would need to do is rinse my bowl and razor.

I much prefer this as I like shaving as a way to relax and wind down at the end of the day. But still having the benefits of being clean shaven in the morning for work.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Showering and shaving at the gym would be faster. Actually shaving while in the shower, would be the fastest. Virtually no time wasted, cleaning up at the sink.

Shaving at the gym is completely out of the question and fankly, I couldn't think of anything worse. I couldn't take all my kit to the gym every weekday. Besides there has been a problem at my gym with people shaving hogging up the two basins so people are unable to wash their hands. Rule is only one person can shave at a time. But I would end up hating shaving if I had to do in front of other people in the gym.

Not a morning person. And luckily I have a slow-growing beard, I have always shaved at night, right before bedtime.

Top Bottom