What's new

Mach3 and fusion

Yesterday I shaved with a fusion yellow cartridge that had a few shaves on it maybe 3. I. Used today a trusty Mach3. The fusion was smoother than today’s shave but by this time yesterday stubble was noticeable. Today’s shave with the Mach 3 not much stubble at all.

Has anyone else had the same results?

The spur of the moment use of a Mach 3 last year after years of DE shaving is what got me back to cartridge shaving. Its an excellent system. However try the twin blade sensor. IMHO its even better.

Yesterday I shaved with a fusion yellow cartridge that had a few shaves on it maybe 3. I. Used today a trusty Mach3. The fusion was smoother than today’s shave but by this time yesterday stubble was noticeable. Today’s shave with the Mach 3 not much stubble at all.

I don't know why but I have always felt that fusion initially shaves closer, but much 3 shave lasts longer. I know it's not logical, however mach 3 wins for me.

I also found the Mach 3 a better shaver than the Fusion. I have no idea why that was the case.

I concur with this. Fusion gives me an initially very close shave, about as good as what I can get from a DE. But stubble reappears pretty quickly. A Mach 3 gives me a shave that doesn't feel quite as perfect at first but last better over the next 24-36 hours. Also, Fusion blades only give me 3 great shaves before they start to dull, whereas Mach 3 blades last a bit more for me. Both of them are absurdly expensive given that I really need to replace them after 3-4 shaves, versus the month that Gillette claims in their adverts LOL

I have not used the Fusion even though I have one somewhere in the house, unless I gave it to my son which is highly likely. Anyway, I have noticed that my Mach 3, which I shaved with for decades, gave me a reasonably close shave. However, I find that it is nowhere near as close as a double edge. After shaving with a Mach 3 I notice stubble growing back late that same night and definitely in the morning. However after a shave with a double edge I won't feel stubble growing back until at least the middle of the following day. And this has been the case from my very first shave with a double edge. I think any cart will not shave as close because it forces you to shave more often which then leads you to buy more extra cartridges which allows the manufacturer to make more money. I'm done with carts.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

I preferred the Trac iii over the Fusion and over the DE. Now strictly straight razors.

I’m back to carts (due to tremor). M3 is less expensive these days and just works. Fusion seems as expensive as ever..

Last edited:
Top Bottom