What's new

Lupo stainless?

Smooth. Efficient. Quality. As good as it can get....

F976A1B9-4BE1-49D1-BB73-BE46927F9309.jpeg.jpg

Thanks. Aye, 24k by Backroadsgold. Chris did an outstanding job. Round trip from NC to Wyoming, mailed on the 3rd and back in my hand by the 15th. I love the old school look, like maybe something Nucky Thompson could shave with.
Backroads Gold is the best. Chris does a great job and it is quick, especially compared to a few others that take about 3-4 months. Not going to mention any names.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thanks. Aye, 24k by Backroadsgold. Chris did an outstanding job. Round trip from NC to Wyoming, mailed on the 3rd and back in my hand by the 15th. I love the old school look, like maybe something Nucky Thompson could shave with.
When I first seen that picture I thought it was a reflection of something goldish or a camera filter. Very nice.

Backroads Gold is the best. Chris does a great job and it is quick, especially compared to a few others that take about 3-4 months. Not going to mention any names.

I won't mention names either but I waited about 5 months to get my rhodium plated '55 red tip back from them. In fairness, that was back when the rhodium price was starting to climb and I remember them having some supply problem.

Chris - on the other hand - is a straight up, outstanding man to deal with. His web site is streamlined with that online order status and he sent me great photos of the finished razor. He even wasted time cleaning and polishing a cheap Yintal cap but couldn't plate it because it turned out to be zamac, (I thought brass due to weight) but didn't charge me. Just a great experience overall with Chris and BRG.

Well, my .95 Lupo base came in yesterday so of course I had to give it a go this morning. Saturday is usually my "shave day off", but not when there's something new staring at me. I've had the .72 Lupo razor few several weeks, but never meshed with it for some reason. It shaves close, but always left my face a little irritated which surprised me as it's not an aggressive razor. I have other blade forward razors that shave fantastic with never any irritation.

I read a few posts where some folks had issues with the. 72, but really liked the .95 so I thought I'd give the .95 a shot. After my shave this morning I can say without a doubt that the .95 Lupo is smoother and less irritating than the .72 for me. My face feels great at the moment....sliky smooth....no nicks and no irritation. I paired the .95 with my Rocca 94 handle which provides near perfect balance. Overall great shave and I'm glad I took the chance on the .95. Not sure what the difference is and why the .95 works better for me, but for those that didn't get along with the .72, you might want to give the .95 a try.

Well, my .95 Lupo base came in yesterday so of course I had to give it a go this morning. Saturday is usually my "shave day off", but not when there's something new staring at me. I've had the .72 Lupo razor few several weeks, but never meshed with it for some reason. It shaves close, but always left my face a little irritated which surprised me as it's not an aggressive razor. I have other blade forward razors that shave fantastic with never any irritation.

I read a few posts where some folks had issues with the. 72, but really liked the .95 so I thought I'd give the .95 a shot. After my shave this morning I can say without a doubt that the .95 Lupo is smoother and less irritating than the .72 for me. My face feels great at the moment....sliky smooth....no nicks and no irritation. I paired the .95 with my Rocca 94 handle which provides near perfect balance. Overall great shave and I'm glad I took the chance on the .95. Not sure what the difference is and why the .95 works better for me, but for those that didn't get along with the .72, you might want to give the .95 a try.
Very interesting findings indeed. The 72 has to me a lot of blade feel yet didn't cause irritation (no feeling from the Alum block) would have thought the 95 would be less comfortable!

Very interesting findings indeed. The 72 has to me a lot of blade feel yet didn't cause irritation (no feeling from the Alum block) would have thought the 95 would be less comfortable!

That was initially my thoughts as well until I tried the .95 base. I found it smoother and more comfortable in comparison to the .72. I'm not sure if the wider blade gap changes the shave angle a little, putting it in my sweet spot, but whatever it is increases the comfort and performance. I can't say that this will hold true for everyone, but for me the .95 is more comfortable than the .72.....and it's more efficient to boot.

That was initially my thoughts as well until I tried the .95 base. I found it smoother and more comfortable in comparison to the .72. I'm not sure if the wider blade gap changes the shave angle a little, putting it in my sweet spot, but whatever it is increases the comfort and performance. I can't say that this will hold true for everyone, but for me the .95 is more comfortable than the .72.....and it's more efficient to boot.

What angle do you use? shallow (cap riding/handle away from face) neutral or Steep (guard riding/handle close to face)

Me thinks that Lupo is the most
handle-sensitive DE razor from all the
rest I’ve tried so far .
Heavy ,solid ss or brass handles tend to increase
Lupo’s “ aggressiveness” ,
while lighter ,usually hollow ss
or solid ones from Al or Ti handles tend
to offer better balance and
control of the razor .

Everyone owning a Lupo should try
at least once to shave ,using a light
handle ( not more than 55-60 gr )
paired with it’s lightweight and slim
head .

Me thinks that Lupo is the most
handle-sensitive DE razor from all the
rest I’ve tried so far .
Heavy ,solid ss or brass handles tend to increase
Lupo’s “ aggressiveness” ,
while lighter ,usually hollow ss
or solid ones from Al or Ti handles tend
to offer better balance and
control of the razor .

Everyone owning a Lupo should try
at least once to shave ,using a light
handle ( not more than 55-60 gr )
paired with it’s lightweight and slim
head .
I have a timeless titanium crown handle on the way.

What angle do you use? shallow (cap riding/handle away from face) neutral or Steep (guard riding/handle close to face)

I tend to automatically use something just past neutral leaning towards a steep angle with most of my razors. My ATT Windsor and the Lupo like neutral to shallow I'm finding. Neutral or neutral/steep is what seems most natural to me. I have to concentrate more when using super shallow angles.

I had a chance to use the Lupo 95 for about 10 days, and it is really impressive.

I also had the Karve CB in brass in B and D Safety Bar for over a month coinciding with loaner Lupo 95.

I loved Karve but I can definitely see a Lupo 95 in my rotation in future.

After using these two razors, my Game Changer 84 Open Comb seems quite mild, adequate but mild.

The head geometry of Lupo 95 is beautiful, and it actually somehow makes it easier to do J- hook, get good close shaves and yet, I didn't get irritation at all.

Now, I'm in the sabbatical and happy to tug along for the duration but I'll be really interested in the 95 Open Comb version as well.

IMG_20210522_231625.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I had a chance to use the Lupo 95 for about 10 days, and it is really impressive.

I also had the Karve CB in brass in B and D Safety Bar for over a month coinciding with loaner Lupo 95.

I loved Karve but I can definitely see a Lupo 95 in my rotation in future.

After using these two razors, my Game Changer 84 Open Comb seems quite mild, adequate but mild.

The head geometry of Lupo 95 is beautiful, and it actually somehow makes it easier to do J- hook, get good close shaves and yet, I didn't get irritation at all.

Now, I'm in the sabbatical and happy to tug along for the duration but I'll be really interested in the 95 Open Comb version as well.

View attachment 1270531

You might want to check out the Karve SB-G. ;)

Top Bottom