What's new

Lupo stainless?

That was initially my thoughts as well until I tried the .95 base. I found it smoother and more comfortable in comparison to the .72. I'm not sure if the wider blade gap changes the shave angle a little, putting it in my sweet spot, but whatever it is increases the comfort and performance. I can't say that this will hold true for everyone, but for me the .95 is more comfortable than the .72.....and it's more efficient to boot.

Does it dethrone your Henson? :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: RazoRock Lupo .95 SB (Trident Razors Ti G2 Albion)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (3)
Brush: Opal 100 (24mm Best Badger)
Lather: La Toja Stick
Aftershave: Unnamed Prototype #3 (Combination of Bay Rums + Sweet Tobacco Fragrance Oil)
20210522_113902~2.jpg

Today I matched the RR Lupo .95 SB with a Personna Israeli Platinum Red and enjoyed a very good shave with excellent results. My best shave to date with the Lupo .95 SB. :cool:

Does anyone know where i can buy the 0.95 and the 0.72 base plates in Europe?
Italian barber is charging 60 USD in shipping to Norway. This adds up to almost 100 USD just for one base plate:(

Italian barber is charging 60 USD in shipping to Norway. This adds up to almost 100 USD just for one base plate:(

Just the Baseplates? Nobody. Everyone only sells the complete razor as far as I'm aware.

If you find a source let me know, I'd love to pick up the DC plate in the UK. If anyone in the US wants to offload theirs I'd be happy to look at shipping options!

Can’t reiterate enough how good this razor is. The Lupo is without question one of the best deals ever in wet shave land. Just a remarkably well made and sound performer. It delivers truly elite shaves. Will it supplant any of one’s higher priced razors in your den? That I can’t say for certain. But, what I can tell you with certainty is that it will give any razor in the upper echelon of elite status title a nice run for their money. An affordable and well made entry into the exotic alloy shave tool wars. Nothing but praise for what RazoRock has brought to the table....

9EAB2CC5-A795-4611-90BF-F361DC4DABF4.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Can’t reiterate enough how good this razor is. The Lupo is without question one of the best deals ever in wet shave land. Just a remarkably well made and sound performer. It delivers truly elite shaves. Will it supplant any of one’s higher priced razors in your den? That I can’t say for certain. But, what I can tell you with certainty is that it will give any razor in the upper echelon of elite status title a nice run for their money. An affordable and well made entry into the exotic alloy shave tool wars. Nothing but praise for what RazoRock has brought to the table....

View attachment 1272043

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

View attachment 1272043

Lovely picture!

I did some blade testing with my other razors, but for the final 4th shave (with that blade) I used the Lupo again. Just wow! Effortless, smooth, but efficient at the same time. After a couple of weeks of use I got used to the razor, it is really inspiring now.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
//"The GC 0.84-P OC is a very special razor (quite different from the sb version in quite a few aspects"//

Can I ask what makes it so special and so different from the SB version? Very interesting for me.

From the very beginning, when it appeared in the offer, I was very curious about it, considering that the manufacturer qualifies it as one of the most aggressive on its "list"

RazoRock Lupo. 95 or DC

Positive opinions, which are a lot, have confirmed my belief that it must be one of the "better" machines and I must have it or at least check whether these delights with Lupo are really well deserved. Although, as is known, Everyone has an individual perception of Aggressiveness or Effectiveness, which for one colleague will be Aggressive or Effective for another no longer.

So a few sentences how LUPO DC "works" on me is not a review but a subjective feeling of the machine.

So I did not have to "purchase" the razor, I received it for a test courtesy of a colleague.

Lupo DC has a closed comb on the 0.95 side and an open after 0.72, These pages are very similar to each other in terms of effectiveness and aggressiveness, the difference is really negligible no "gulf" here .. although I would prefer the side. The 95 was with an open comb and the JAWS version would be the most suitable for me. But it is as the producer did and it stays that way

You can feel the razor blade in the razor, but is it really, ... not necessarily, I feel the same for RR. 84 OC, but JAWS gives me more blade feel.

For me, Lupo is not aggressive on both sides, you can successfully shave every day even with "sharp" gills. (something this manufacturer's qualification has little relevance to reality for me)
Page. 72 will of course be used often for first pass with more stubble.

As for the effectiveness of the razor ... Hhmmm

As I always point out, this is a relative issue depending on perception and individual feeling (judgment).
As I prefer more aggressive and more effective razors, I miss it a bit with Lupo .. I used most of the CC side, especially when shaving the head, but I also checked the open side .. So both sides checked on the face and head with a few gills which I consider to be good . KAI, ASTRA, WILKINSON Super Sword, Gillette platinum, Bic.

What can I write about, a device

It is less effective for me than the R41 or SB icons, which I like very much (which I asked my friend before using it, and he answered honestly as it is, i.e. less effective, but I wanted to check anyway, maybe I was under the impression that it would be otherwise.

Although I expected something better, it does not change the fact that the machine has many admirers for whom it is great, ... although I already have a bit "skewed" requirements for the machines, so as I wrote, my assessment does not have to suit all my colleague. ... so if someone writes that the machine is mega effective and aggressive, I probably understand ...

For me, it is moderately mild with satisfactory efficiency (i.e. good, but not very good), but the user who praises and uses, for example, the Standard R41 on a daily basis, will not be satisfied, on the other hand, for people who want something after R89 or King C Gillette is Lupo DC I will be very ok.

I only recall my subjective "distorted" opinion about this machine.
Thank you, my colleague, for the opportunity to test.

I used the R41 before the Lupo 95 SB regularly (could say daily, but I don't shave every day :) ). True, it isn't as efficient, but it is efficient enough (for me), to get away with 2 passes and not need a 3rd. There is some blade feel, but not as much as the R41. On the other hand, it is a much smoother experience, especially during the shave. And, there is no blade chatter, that there is much of with the Mühle, imo.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
From the very beginning, when it appeared in the offer, I was very curious about it, considering that the manufacturer qualifies it as one of the most aggressive on its "list"

RazoRock Lupo. 95 or DC

Positive opinions, which are a lot, have confirmed my belief that it must be one of the "better" machines and I must have it or at least check whether these delights with Lupo are really well deserved. Although, as is known, Everyone has an individual perception of Aggressiveness or Effectiveness, which for one colleague will be Aggressive or Effective for another no longer.

So a few sentences how LUPO DC "works" on me is not a review but a subjective feeling of the machine.

So I did not have to "purchase" the razor, I received it for a test courtesy of a colleague.

Lupo DC has a closed comb on the 0.95 side and an open after 0.72, These pages are very similar to each other in terms of effectiveness and aggressiveness, the difference is really negligible no "gulf" here .. although I would prefer the side. The 95 was with an open comb and the JAWS version would be the most suitable for me. But it is as the producer did and it stays that way

You can feel the razor blade in the razor, but is it really, ... not necessarily, I feel the same for RR. 84 OC, but JAWS gives me more blade feel.

For me, Lupo is not aggressive on both sides, you can successfully shave every day even with "sharp" gills. (something this manufacturer's qualification has little relevance to reality for me)
Page. 72 will of course be used often for first pass with more stubble.

As for the effectiveness of the razor ... Hhmmm

As I always point out, this is a relative issue depending on perception and individual feeling (judgment).
As I prefer more aggressive and more effective razors, I miss it a bit with Lupo .. I used most of the CC side, especially when shaving the head, but I also checked the open side .. So both sides checked on the face and head with a few gills which I consider to be good . KAI, ASTRA, WILKINSON Super Sword, Gillette platinum, Bic.

What can I write about, a device

It is less effective for me than the R41 or SB icons, which I like very much (which I asked my friend before using it, and he answered honestly as it is, i.e. less effective, but I wanted to check anyway, maybe I was under the impression that it would be otherwise.

Although I expected something better, it does not change the fact that the machine has many admirers for whom it is great, ... although I already have a bit "skewed" requirements for the machines, so as I wrote, my assessment does not have to suit all my colleague. ... so if someone writes that the machine is mega effective and aggressive, I probably understand ...

For me, it is moderately mild with satisfactory efficiency (i.e. good, but not very good), but the user who praises and uses, for example, the Standard R41 on a daily basis, will not be satisfied, on the other hand, for people who want something after R89 or King C Gillette is Lupo DC I will be very ok.

I only recall my subjective "distorted" opinion about this machine.
Thank you, my colleague, for the opportunity to test.
Interesting read, we all have different desires in a razor. I have the Lupo.72 and it is just right for my desire for a close shave.
You are pro with blade feel and that is a excellent skill but with the slightest mistake your will see some of the red stuff with a aggressive razor and a lot of folks don't desire a R41. I use a shavette once in a while and that is all blade feel and one mistake your seeing the red stuff.
Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom