What's new

Lupo stainless?

Second shave today on the .72 and, for me, it's definitely one of the best DEs I've ever used. I used The Body Shop Maca cream (old formula), which is far from my best, and a second shave Astra SP. The glide was effortless with the right angle and it's one of the few times I felt as if there was no blade in my razor.

I definitely think this is a potential RAD killer and I'll grab the .95 baseplate sometime, although I tend to prefer milder shavers. If the Wolfman is a better razor, as I've heard, I can only imagine how good it really is.

Another great shave with the .95 today.
A bit over two days growth, no problem for the Lupo/Wizamet SI combo... close and smooth. Loving the post-shave skin feeling with the PAA aftershave with bonus; the wife said, "You smell good!".

20210517_173357.jpg

My Lupo DC arrived a couple hours ago. Looks even more impressive in person and feels much heavier than expected, probably the heaviest razor I own.
I just finished up with its first test run with a Treet Platinum blade loaded into it.
Effortlessly removed 4 days of growth!
View attachment 1268123

Congrats.
Quite the handsome razor with that handle. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. 👍

I did 3 more shaves with the same Astra SS blade (5 in total). It is noticeably less sharp after shave 3, but I didn't get any weepers (as I used to if I "overused" other blades), and the end result is almost as good as earlier shaves (with a little more work though). In any case, it is a lovely blade in this razor.

The 72 has just given me my first BBS - wasn't sure it was possible on my neck.
I've found the Gillette Silver Blue works really well for me - time to order a few thousand of them!
I wish I could find “the one” blade. Every time I think I’ve found it, I’ll stumble through a disappointing shave, decide maybe I don’t want 100 of those, and move on to another option. I should keep a diary.

It was a cracking good shave today though, with the Lupo .72 SB and an Astra SP on shave 3.

Top Bottom