What's new

Lupo stainless?

Tried out my new Lupo .72 for the first time today. It was enjoyable to use and was plenty efficient for me. Perhaps a bit more blade feel than I'm used to, but still mild enough that it didn't bother me. Looking forward to my next shave in a couple days.

proxy.php

What razors are you used to?

Enjoying and drooling over everyone else's Lupo's.
Still waiting on my Lupo to arrive. No idea what the post office is doing, but it would seem that it has been passed around quite a bit in Chicago!
Such is my luck when I'm eagerly awaiting something!

Mine definitely took the long route to get to me.

Still waiting on my Lupo to arrive. No idea what the post office is doing, but it would seem that it has been passed around quite a bit in Chicago!

My Lupo is in transit as well. Can't wait to use it!

Yeah, the Chicago post office is terrible. All I can say is, it's worth the wait!

Tried out my new Lupo .72 for the first time today. It was enjoyable to use and was plenty efficient for me. Perhaps a bit more blade feel than I'm used to, but still mild enough that it didn't bother me. Looking forward to my next shave in a couple days.

proxy.php

Congrats and great photo.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Been shaving with my new Lupo .72 for a week now. Excellent razor.

While the blade feel is a bit more than I am used to (as a Feather AS-D2 shaver), it is not objectionable and has left me with no weepers. As a point of technique, I do tend to use a bit of pressure (and skin stretching), which is why I prefer mild razors; doing so has not resulted in any burn or irritation.

As I said, an excellent razor, and another fine RazoRock entry.

I’ve been shaving with the Lupo .72 for about three weeks now. I can’t say enough good things about it. Nothing but great shaves with a GSB or a Nacet in there. The balance with the HD handle is perfect for me, and the impossibly compact head makes all the difference in the tricky nostril area.

I took a while to pull the trigger because I was waiting for the super knurl handle to come back in stock (because it’s beautiful). But the HD handle turned out great. I find the little gap between knurled areas perfect to rest my pinkie on in certain angles.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for bringing this razor to my attention. ~10 years into this hobby I think I found my life companion razor.

Another SS Lupo .95 fan!!! Thanks to all of you who wrote up your excellent spot on reviews of the SS Lupo .95! I had my first shave with the SS Lupo .95- w/HD handle today and it was awesome! I was hesitant to get the .95 vs. the .72 but I took a chance based on all the reviews that said the .95 was a smooth shaver. I am surprised at how smooth it really is! I fully expected having to be super careful initially but after my first pass the razor felt so intuitive that it felt like I had been using it for years. I also really love the low profile razor head which makes the razor so maneuverable.

Another SS Lupo .95 fan!!! Thanks to all of you who wrote up your excellent spot on reviews of the SS Lupo .95! I had my first shave with the SS Lupo .95- w/HD handle today and it was awesome! I was hesitant to get the .95 vs. the .72 but I took a chance based on all the reviews that said the .95 was a smooth shaver. I am surprised at how smooth it really is! I fully expected having to be super careful initially but after my first pass the razor felt so intuitive that it felt like I had been using it for years. I also really love the low profile razor head which makes the razor so maneuverable.

Congrats & happy shaves..... :shaving:

Lupo 95 SS with a new Astra SS and Cella Aloe cream (tub). Wow, perfect shave. The blade has enough cutting power, but at the same time it was a perfectly smooth shave. No weepers, no irritation, as close as it gets with 2 passes and touchups.
If I can get 3 shaves from a blade, it will be on my "buy list". :straight:The cream is also fantastic.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, May 12th 2021

Razor: Razorock Lupo.72, 2nd Gen-MFG 2021> Excellent razor, mid range, carefree shaving unless careless, excellent design IMO.
Blade: Rapira Lux Platinum(2) Excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood- excellent scent with great lather qualities. Great post shave today.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot Sagrada Familia- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber+ great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Alum tested shave indicating not much issues at all, excellent shave.
Post shave: Proraso red sandalwood lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 nick>operator error=:a17:Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo.72 with a Rapira Lux blade.

DE SOTD, Wed May 12th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times, light at the end of the tunnel IMO!

The birch one is indeed a tab more light and more comfy than the full stainless ,but the latter is definitely more grippy .
Both are excellent match for the
27.5 grams of 316L steel of the Lupo head .

...It even has almost the same
weight with the WR1 ( 28 gr ) ...

Top Bottom