What's new

Lord L6 upgrade

I get really good shaves with my L6. Aggressive enough to clean up my trouble areas (chin and jaw line) with ease but mild enough I get no irritation. Fit and finish is ok just looking for a little better. Wanting to stay with the same style razor. Looking at the Edwin Jagger DE89, Merkur 34C, Muhle R89, Parker 89R and the King C Gillette. Of these razor which one is closest to the Lord L6 in aggression and comfort? Also no fit and finish problems.
Thanks

I get really good shaves with my L6. Aggressive enough to clean up my trouble areas (chin and jaw line) with ease but mild enough I get no irritation. Fit and finish is ok just looking for a little better. Wanting to stay with the same style razor. Looking at the Edwin Jagger DE89, Merkur 34C, Muhle R89, Parker 89R and the King C Gillette. Of these razor which one is closest to the Lord L6 in aggression and comfort? Also no fit and finish problems.
Thanks
Of the options presented, go with the Muhle. All of the listed razors are made from Zamak but coated in some other metal. One if the more common problems with Zamak razors is that the razor head stem will break off (water weakens Zamak when the coating wears away/down). However, Muhle uses brass for the stem.

Honestly, if you like the Lord L6 and are looking to upgrade, you may want to try another razor that's not made from Zamak. I personally prefer the Fatip Grande, which is an all brass razor (with options on coating). But if you're concerned it could be too aggressive, you may want to try the Gentile. FWIW, I also got great shaves from and loved the Lord L6. But the Grande has become my daily driver.

Of the options presented, go with the Muhle. All of the listed razors are made from Zamak but coated in some other metal. One if the more common problems with Zamak razors is that the razor head stem will break off (water weakens Zamak when the coating wears away/down). However, Muhle uses brass for the stem.

Honestly, if you like the Lord L6 and are looking to upgrade, you may want to try another razor that's not made from Zamak. I personally prefer the Fatip Grande, which is an all brass razor (with options on coating). But if you're concerned it could be too aggressive, you may want to try the Gentile. FWIW, I also got great shaves from and loved the Lord L6. But the Grande has become my daily driver.
Thanks for the suggestions! Was aware of the problems with Zamak. Didn't know Muhle solved the problem with a brass stem. That's a big plus for the Muhle R89. The Gentile looks really nice and more affordable then the Muhle.

I'll suggest something slightly different. You can buy just the head of the Muhle R89 as a replacement part for approx $20-25. Buy a separate handle of your choice, or reuse one you already have. The standard Muhle handles look nice, but they aren't that great to use.

My favorite handle for the R89 and R91 is sold by Maggard as the MR11, FWIW. That is a short bulldog handle in stainless steel that does not make the razor too heavy or unbalanced. Looks nice, also.

Out of those you listed I would choose the 34c any day. Much better shaver than the 89 head for me.

On the other hand, maybe check out a brass Overlander. Great razor that is both mild and efficient and will last a lifetime.

Or maybe look into a Henson mild or medium. Also a great performer….I have the medium.

As @hairless wonder mentioned, the Fatip Gentile is a nice shaver that could meet your needs for a close and mild shave. At it's price point, it is a low cost risk for full brass construction made in Italy. I have three Fatip's now and have not spent over $100 total (all free shipping). No alignment or finish issues either so don't let those grumblings scare you away.

My favorite shave is a Fatip/Nacet combo.

На упаковке написано: L122.

Это другое название того же предмета. Имя, которое использовалось в прошлом.

This is another name for the same item. A name that has been used in the past.

Это другое название того же предмета. Имя, которое использовалось в прошлом.

This is another name for the same item. A name that has been used in the past.
Хорошо. У понял, что L122 и L5 это один и тот же станок. Но, все таки, чем он отличается от L6?

Хорошо. У понял, что L122 и L5 это один и тот же станок. Но, все таки, чем он отличается от L6?

What is the difference between L5 and L6 razors?

L5 is derived from the Gillette Tech type of design.

L6 is derived from the Merkur 33c type of design.

В чем разница между бритвами L5 и L6?

L5 является производным от типа дизайна Gillette Tech.

L6 является производным от конструкции типа Merkur 33c.

What is the difference between L5 and L6 razors?

L5 is derived from the Gillette Tech type of design.

L6 is derived from the Merkur 33c type of design.

В чем разница между бритвами L5 и L6?

L5 является производным от типа дизайна Gillette Tech.

L6 является производным от конструкции типа Merkur 33c.
Спасибо. Теперь все понятно.

Top Bottom