What's new

Loose head in an old Injector?

I just bought an old G6 model injector for seven dollars at a local antique store. It had a double edge injector blade in it when I bought it, and the whole thing was gunked out pretty bad. But after giving it a good hard cleaning, it's apparently still in pretty good shape. But....

It had a little bit of side to side play, and you can wiggle the guard bar about a 1/32 of an inch back and forth. It does not have any up and down play though, and seems to hold the single edge blades I got pretty snugly.

Has anyone else had this issue with similar razors, and is it pretty normal? I haven't even shaved with it yet as I just got it yesterday, and have been working hard to get it cleaned up. This is my first single edge razor, aside from the Bic Metals I've been using as per recommendation from this board. I'm excited to use it, I just don't wanna get cut! :eek: :smile:

Thanks for any help you all may have, and sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.

Last edited:
I have heard there can be an issue with the loose heads. None of the ones I have are loose, though. I don't think it will be much of an issue to shave with though. Enjoy it.

Top Bottom