What's new

Looking for Vitalis advertisement info

I found this in an antique store new years day and can't find anything like it online. It's a table display because it has a fold out that keeps it upright. I have no clue what these 12 little metal pieces are for and how they tie into vitalis. They say "14k plated" on some and "one piece" on others. I appreciate any info and help I can get...

Thanks
Resized_20220101_162428.jpeg

The little gold pieces coming out of this card are studs for shirts - in style from the early 20th Century and before but up to the 1940's - some were solid gold but most were gold-filled. Studs were used before the days that buttons were sewn on dress shirts. Men had to have six or more to close up the front of a starched dress shirt. They were also used on more formal dressier shirts - like black tie or white tie events but these were often jeweled or pearled.

What they have to do with Vitalis I have no idea and I don't know that these little cardboard slips didn't have something else to go in them. It's a curious combination!

Thank you for your insight George. That is one of things I considered as they kind of resemble cuff links. I suppose it could be a marketing display that is "linking" two gentlemen's needs together. Thanks again!

Top Bottom