What's new

Looking for Fellow Albertans

Hey guys picked this up for $2.50 at superstore it’s perfect going to buy a few more tomorrow

Attachments

• AF424F09-5D4C-48DB-B429-108E41B8BC1B.jpeg
    AF424F09-5D4C-48DB-B429-108E41B8BC1B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Hey guys maybe we could get a little Alberta Pass around going. I don't know the formal rules but would be willing to get it started if someone else could organize it. We could start out with a nice blade sampler and some AS and guys could try it for a bit, add something of interest and pass it on. When we get to the end we could PIF it to a worthy new shaver.
What do you think?

Hey guys maybe we could get a little Alberta Pass around going. I don't know the formal rules but would be willing to get it started if someone else could organize it. We could start out with a nice blade sampler and some AS and guys could try it for a bit, add something of interest and pass it on. When we get to the end we could PIF it to a worthy new shaver.
What do you think?
Sure! Sad how expensive shipping is here though. Just to go from Calgary to Fort McMurray is probably $20

Very true. Not very efficient but might be fun. Depends if there is interest. Otherwise we could get a Canadian one going. The last one got stuck halfway but that was a while ago.

If any of you have Facebook I’ve started a page called.
Canadian wet shavers but,sell,trade
Hope to see you all on there.

I just approved the brush quote from Peter Wolf, should be receiving a Wolf Whiskers brush in the next couple of weeks I would think.

Below is a concept drawing I made for the brush. Copper and Turquoise with a white pearl band. Scorpion handle shape modified with an eight fluted 1301 bottom section.
BRUSH.png

What's everyone up to? Been quite on here lately.

I just approved the brush quote from Peter Wolf, should be receiving a Wolf Whiskers brush in the next couple of weeks I would think.

Below is a concept drawing I made for the brush. Copper and Turquoise with a white pearl band. Scorpion handle shape modified with an eight fluted 1301 bottom section.
View attachment 918042

What's everyone up to? Been quite on here lately.

Very nice!

What do you think?
I've heard of the pass arounds before. what does it actually mean?

I've heard of the pass arounds before. what does it actually mean?

We would make up box. Guys would sign up and send the box from participant to participant. You get to try the stuff in the box. If you like something you can keep it and replace with something else.

BC in the hoose here, eh? Does anyone know of any "replating services" for razors in Canada? Just curious... I like the work of Delta Echo and Razor Emporium and was wondering if there is Canadian equivalent to plating services here in Canada.
Try messaging Randy at First Canadians Shave, the website say razor restorations but I don't know what that actually details.

I just made a deal for a razorock black hawk, mulhe r89 and merkur 34c hd for $70. picking them up tomorrow.

Has anyone tried PAA "tombstone" or "home on the range" soaps?

I have home on the range (well no 9) it’s previous name. It smells like gun oil, it has a solvent quality to it. I usually use it days I’m going to shoot sort of sets the mood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember what gun oil smells like, been a while since I fired a gun, does it smell good? What I do remember is firing a shotgun and the smell of the shell afterward, now that would be a great soap. Any recommendations?

What's everyone up to? For me, I have come to the conclusion that Wolf Whiskers shave brushes are overrated. The hassle it takes to get on the list and then finally got to the ordering process if you're going outside of his preselected handle patterns and color schemes it becomes a big pain. I ended up having to choose one of the preselected color schemes. I have dealt with other custom brush makes and had MUCH easier experiences in getting a brush made.

Heads up on inexpensive supplies at AB bricks and mortar stores... Winners stores near my office have had Van der Levitt soap (basically Fine in a different packaging and smaller puck) for $4, Rocky Mountain Barber ASB/Sandalwood for $10, and Rockwell barbershop shave cream for ~$10. Price/performance is pretty stellar at those rates.

Top Bottom