What's new

Looking for Fellow Albertans

After coming across the thread "Looking for fellow Canadians," I was able to organize a small meeting of Alberta shavers, two from Edmonton including me and another from Red Deer. The met up went great did some showing & tell and some trading, and now I would like to get as many Alberta shavers on one thread to share stories or hidden gems to find shaving products, a new website or websites others may not know about especially if they are new to wet shaving. hope to see you here and please let others know about this thread.

Reporting from Calgary. The only hidden gems I know of are Italian grocers. The Italian Centre has green and white Proraso for $2-3 less than anywhere else. Lina's had PdP last time I was there, but they may be dropping it (it seemed to be on the clearout table, although not on sale). Lukes Drugs has some stuff and more Proraso than most places. Otherwise, it's Kent of Inglewood, mail order, and the usual suspects (chain stores that carry software).

Welcome Noodles, to the unofficial Alberta Shave Club. I would like to add to the list of gems "Canadian Beard and blade" an online store from Lethbridge, not a hidden gem but still a gem. Another is "Fendrihan Canada". These two online stores are for people new to wet shaving and are good places to begin ordering supplies and are reasonably priced with large selections and free shipping over $75 on average.

I’m just getting started. So far I have a vintage milord razor and some soaps ordered from beard and blade

I’m just getting started. So far I have a vintage milord razor and some soaps ordered from beard and blade
Nice, if you like strong scents try "Henri et Victoria" their "Cognac and Cuban Cigars" smells just like it say, my favorite soap, another is "Chestnut L’Orange" smells like chestnut with a hint of orange, the thrid one I really like is "La Poire Francaise" smells like a spicy french pair, goes great with Old Spice aftershave. Also, they have a great High Mountain white Badger brush on Amazon.ca "Luxurious shaving brush" for the price you won't find anything better, I highly recommend this brush "https://www.amazon.ca/Henri-et-Vict...86643&sr=8-3&keywords=henri+et+victoria+brush"
For razors, the hype around Rockwell Razors's 6C or 6S lives up to the hype, a great razor. The 6S is stainless Steel (costs more) were the 6C is an alloy metal. When it comes to blades, its more tricky, blades are very personal, I like the Polsilver Super Iridium the best. But get one of the bigger sample packs and see which ones you like.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help. I’m really into minty scents but open to try others maybe I’ll give the Cuban one a try??

I think I’m going to try the Karve as my next razor just because they are made so close to home.
I don't have any experience with mint scents, can't help you there. As for the Karve razor I know Noodles has one, you can ask him some questions.

I think I’m going to try the Karve as my next razor just because they are made so close to home.

You can’t go wrong with the Karve I think it’s a great quality for value razor, great smooth shaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can’t go wrong with the Karve I think it’s a great quality for value razor, great smooth shaves

Thanks for the response. I’m already addicted to buying soaps which is ridiculous since I started wet shaving to save money lol

Thanks for the response. I’m already addicted to buying soaps which is ridiculous since I started wet shaving to save money lol

It’s a rabbit hole I can go more than 6 months without using the same soap. But I see it as beating inflation 30-40 years from now when I still have soap from now

ADD0127C-5FD0-4E06-B143-F1878E2F91C7.jpeg
525BFC2C-2B5C-4013-85AF-9BCD8D25BB57.jpeg

It’s a rabbit hole I can go more than 6 months without using the same soap. But I see it as beating inflation 30-40 years from now when I still have soap from now

Lol you must have a pile of soap lmao

Top Bottom