What's new

Longest you have let your face grow?

I went from the beginning of July last year until March 7 of this year with now shaving or trimming of any kind. I already had a pretty long stache and goatee when I started. I finally got tired of it getting caught on stuff and the food it kept in there was enough to feed a small family.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Roughly 6 months. Just looking at the picture makes me miss it :bored:

$IMG_1043 copy.jpg

My longest was well over a year without even a trim. I'd post a pic, but I can't figure out how to on my phone.
Of course, that was back when it was all red, now it's more gray than red.

Back in 2010 i let my beard grow for about a year and half. It was long, but i would trim with either scissors or the clippers.

I'll let it grow again, but nowhere near that long.

I went 3 years or so a couple of times. All I did was trim my mustache to keep it out of the way while I ate. I got my beard down to my solar plexus and my wife was like, "Uh, you need to do something about this." :tongue_sm

I had a beard for a few years, but the longest I could ever go without trimming was less than a month. I have tried doing those no shave Novembers a few times, but I never make it to the end of the month without trimming. I do wish that I could have grown a long beard at some point in my life, but once the hair gets to a certain length, it gets itchy and annoying, and I can't help but trim it.

Since I started wet shaving six months ago, the longest I have gone without a shave was two days. A few times, I have skipped shaving for the day, but I usually shave every day.

I had a moustache for over 25 years (gone at least 10-15 years), and thru most of the 1980's I'd grow a beard from Labor Day to Memorial Day. I couldn't stand a beard in the summer heat. And every spring my youngest (1981) would scream & cry when I shaved the beard. My wife and I never did figure out why and my daughter doesn't remember doing it. Finally I just stopped growing it to avoid the drama.

About 10 months most recently. I had a set of chops that I went longer with but as far as a full on beard, 10 months. I finally took it down for the same reason I grew it, because I could.

longest with out a shave for me was when i tore my shoulder and couldnt use my right arm at all so that meant no shaving for me i went 1 year 3 months 12 days it was a bitter sweet end when it was time to shave since it meant time to go back to work but also my face was free again!

I've always got a goatee, but this past winter I went from September to late May of this year without shaving at all. As far as length goes, at one time I could touch the tips of my goatee to the bridge of my nose.

Almost 2 months now (about 7 weeks). I have a van dyke going. I plan to let it go until the wife threatens divorce. She hates it! I am really enjoying it though.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I've been bearded for about 45 of the last 63 years, probably fully clean shaved for a total of about 2 or 3 months stretched out over that time, no more than a week or so at a time.

I used to go up to 7 days on average between shaves PTS (Pre Traditional Shaving). For Movember I would go best part of a month then shape my tache at the end of the month.

10 years ... then shaved it for a few months (down to a goatee) ... then grew it back! (I've had hair on my chin for 30 years ... damn .. never thought about it like that!

I am now at the longest I have gone. Last time I shaved was January 2014. Sporting a full (very full) beard and moustache, I keep the cheeks clean up and around the neckline. I have had my beard "trimmed" slightly a while ago. But I really just want to see how long I can go!

I'm currently at my longest, full bread (trim around the neck) for at least six months, honestly I don't recall how long now. I've had goatees at times in the past, but I haven't had a beard since I tried to grow one in college, in the summer in Georgia. It didn't work out so well. This time, it took, I made it past the 4-6 week itchies and I've had it ever since.

Top Bottom