What's new

Longest you have let your face grow?

This is the longest minus being deployed. Its been 3 or 4 months. I am doing it for BeArded warriors and operation enduring warrior. I am not sure how much longer I will keep it.

I once went about two-and-a-half years without shaving or getting a haircut ... Not by choice.

It was a very dark period of my life when I didn't have a job and didn't leave the house except to walk a quarter-mile to the supermarket and back to use my food stamps. I was very depressed and didn't want to socialize or see anybody, and the job interviews weren't coming through so I saw no reason to clean myself up. I also wasn't too concerned about things like bathing or putting on clean clothes at the time.

My brother decided to take me to a barber and pay for a haircut. The barber trimmed down the bulk of my beard with clippers and I finished the job with a Mach3 when I got home. It was a big improvement to my overall mood, and I was able to maintain my appearance better than before, including the bathing and clean clothing part.

The job situation didn't improve for another couple of years, but I never let myself go as long or as bad as I had before.

I'm running a bit of an experiment with my beard now to see how long I can go without trimming before the wife says somehting. Though I may hit it a bit to knock off some of the strays.

Top Bottom