What's new

Longest you have let your face grow?

The longest I've gone without shaving my beard was about 2 and a half months. I kept the neckline maintained during that time. Never grew it out again, that was about 2 years ago. I've always had at least a goatee and stache, but this year has been full of experimenting with different styles. It's also the first year that I've started to enjoy being clean shaven. Prior to that, I didn't care for how I looked without any face fur.

Around 2 years, took it off about 2 months ago. Mine was a "just let it grow" I never trimmed it, it was just it's own happy eco-system. I'm pretty sure a fox crawled out of there when I went to cut it off.....

Since around 2002, I think I have always had some kind of facial hair. The least amount was a moustache sometime paired with a goatee, and I could go with a full beard for months at a time.

Since last winter, I have been shaving daily any hairs growing under my mouth, except for a soul patch I will let grow for a few weeks at a time : this soul patch is my testing ground for new razors, to see their efficiency at removing longer hairs.:w00t:

Last edited:
One month roughly.
If happened as good luck for an University exam. I cutted my beard the day before the exam.
I failed.

I went 17, 18 years without shaving the beard off. Trimming? Now that's a different story, it gets hot in Texas and past a couple inches it always got too itchy for me.

I've had a beard for over forty years. As one of the very few people working in the corporate world (in my experience, in NYC) I kept it very well trimmed and shaved around it probably every other day. Since I retired, I trim and shave generally once a week unless I have an engagement that causes me to "clean up". My beard is not very long and has never itched.

The last time I shaved my upper lip was on June 26th, 1972. Grew a full beard in 2000. Shaved that back to a goatee in 2009, so currently have the moustache and goatee.

I let mine grow for 2 years with no trimming other than my neck back in high school. It was the envy of all my friends, but the reason I did it was because of painful shaving with carts. Now I wish I could shave twice a day, I do however keep a goatee these days, my wife hates when I fully shave

about 4 months.

Wife hated it.

I liked it.

Attachments

• $lapping film comrade.jpg
    $lapping film comrade.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 23

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Five months. The past couple of years I've been growing a winter beard, starting around the middle of October and coming off around St. Patrick's Day. I'm two weeks into this year's.

Well, I don't know if this is fair but when I shaved this Summer, my 45 year old daughter explained that she had never seen me clean shaven before. The beard did come off once in a while for some special reason, but never all facial hair and the beard usually came back promptly once the extenuating circumstances were resolved. So how long between shaves?:laugh:

Four and half months. Had a surgical incision that ran from behind my right ear almost to the Adams Apple. Was just too tender to even think about putting a razor near that side of my face. Shaved the beard off when my physiotherapist needed a clear view as to what was going on. That's the only time i've ever had any sort of facial hair, the hair atop my head's another story.

dave

Top Bottom