What's new

Listen to your body- a health update

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I was 8 weeks removed from my last chemo treatment, but was still feeling tired, worn out, malaise, brain fog, etc. Then I started developing fevers. Finally broke down and went to ER. I had an infection (e coli variant) in my bloodstream. Spent 4 days in the hospital. Just got home last night. I had written these feelings off to chemo effects, but the infection just prolonged everything. I feel better than I have in months. Have a couple weeks of IV antibiotics (still have chemo port, so I can do it at home) but feel fantastic. Should return to work on Tuesday.

Wow, man. The blows keep coming.

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling so great!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Wow, man. The blows keep coming.

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling so great!
One real good thing came out of this- a mental reset. For 10 months I have been slogging through, and being strong for everyone. On my first day in the hospital I was mostly alone (I told wife to worry about grandkids- nothing she could do just sitting in a room with me). I allowed myself to feel weak and pathetic. I allowed myself to feel sorry about myself. I didn’t dwell on it, but didn’t chase the thoughts away when they popped up. After a few naps I thought- yes, I’m weak but we’re fixing that. I’m not pathetic- been fighting like hell for a long time. I came out with a renewed sense of fight.

Top Bottom