What's new

Listen to your body- a health update

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Truer werds were never spoken. I know this two ways: as a patient and a psych nurse.

We humans carry our manure around with us. No other creature does that. We ain't the brightest lights in the galaxy, that's for sure.

And Owen: laugh. Even when nothing is funny. It is like a good medicine.
I will Dave. I have changed my diet up. Eating lean proteins, and have greatly increased my good vegetable intake. I have cut carbs almost totally. I am also walking more. These take care of my physical needs. I bought a Cordoba C7 Classical guitar- should arrive Wednesday. The one in stock at Guitar Center was slightly damaged on the back. They were going to give me $100 off- couldn’t do it. I would see it every time I picked it up. I am damaged, I don’t want my emotional support tool to be damaged, too.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I will Dave. I have changed my diet up. Eating lean proteins, and have greatly increased my good vegetable intake. I have cut carbs almost totally. I am also walking more. These take care of my physical needs. I bought a Cordoba C7 Classical guitar- should arrive Wednesday. The one in stock at Guitar Center was slightly damaged on the back. They were going to give me $100 off- couldn’t do it. I would see it every time I picked it up. I am damaged, I don’t want my emotional support tool to be damaged, too.
$100 is a good price for not kicking yourself every time you pick up a therapy tool.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have changed my diet up. Eating lean proteins, and have greatly increased my good vegetable intake. I have cut carbs almost totally. I am also walking more. These take care of my physical needs.

Good changes!

I suggest you look into fasting as well, and see if that would work for you.

Good luck with your ongoing campaign for health!!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good changes!

Thanks. I am going to stay away from fasting for a while. My only chemo side effect so far is fatigue that comes on sometimes. Don’t want to throw possible hunger fatigue in the mix. I am down 15 pounds so far, and strength has been good.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good changes!

I'm looking in to fasting. And not just because I'm growing outwards instead of upwards.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great news. The shock to the brain that caused my dietary change up was a small glimmer on the liver (PET scan). She didn’t think it was anything, likely leftover steroids which I take the day before, of, and after infusion. She had me get a PET on the day after. Yesterday they drugged me up (3 Zanax) to get me in the MRI. I am in the clear. The glimmer was false, and the cancer hasn’t spread. Now, if my Cordoba C7 would hurry up and get here.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
And chemo may be shrinking the tumor I do have. She was very happy to hear that I no longer feel pain or feel things are hanging up a bit when I eat.
She being my oncologist. She is one of the tops in her field. If she called me at midnight and told me to do 100 jumping jacks nude in my back yard, I would feel happy for my privacy fence. :)

It’s been a bit since I’ve made some- about due.

Thanks all. Just want to clarify about what I consider fear. Normal fears that keep you safe (going to doc when things aren’t right, being careful around open flames, etc) I put in the caution category. When those start building up and get a bit intense, they (for me) drift into the fear category. Those are what I try to keep a handle on, because they can spiral out of control if not checked. Talking about it helps, I just want to keep the wife out of that loop because she has enough on her plate (taking care of house, grandkids, now 3 crazy cats).

Speaking of cats, here is the newest member, Thibodeaux (aka Tibby). He is about 3 months old- his long legs make him look bigger than he is in this picture. The beast (Shadow, my 14 pound boy) got used to him in a day. He still hasn’t fully adjusted to Tabby, and she has been with us over 1.5 years :)View attachment 1306461

Tibby is so beautiful.

It’s been a bit since I’ve made some- about due.

Thanks all. Just want to clarify about what I consider fear. Normal fears that keep you safe (going to doc when things aren’t right, being careful around open flames, etc) I put in the caution category. When those start building up and get a bit intense, they (for me) drift into the fear category. Those are what I try to keep a handle on, because they can spiral out of control if not checked. Talking about it helps, I just want to keep the wife out of that loop because she has enough on her plate (taking care of house, grandkids, now 3 crazy cats).

Speaking of cats, here is the newest member, Thibodeaux (aka Tibby). He is about 3 months old- his long legs make him look bigger than he is in this picture. The beast (Shadow, my 14 pound boy) got used to him in a day. He still hasn’t fully adjusted to Tabby, and she has been with us over 1.5 years :)View attachment 1306461

It is very important to monitor your health for each person and for me a bath is the place where I can get complete relaxation and recover well. I recently visited writingbros.com/essay-examples/health/ where I read some interesting articles about how important recovery is not only for professional athletes but for everyone.
Very nice cat.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Wow. Haven't been in here in a while and missed this one. Prayers going out for a complete recovery!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
An update: stomach and 19 lymph nodes were removed the first week of November. My 11 mm tumor was less than 2 mm when they removed stomach (so chemo worked), and lymph nodes were negative. A month after that it was 4 more chemo treatments- last one was over 3 weeks ago. This one has hit me hard- I still can't taste much of anything. This really make eating a chore. Sometimes the thought of eating makes me sick. Some stuff cuts through, though. If I get something like Pad Thai at 4 out of 5 heat level, then I can taste that. I also have no problem tasting sweets. Good news is that I am down over 50 pounds. My oncologist wasn't too pleased with that, said I lost the weight too fast. I am glad I did, because my taste will return soon, so weight loss will be slower. If I can get down to 200 (225 currently), I will be happy. Should go for 180, but I am not going to starve myself to get there.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
An update: stomach and 19 lymph nodes were removed the first week of November. My 11 mm tumor was less than 2 mm when they removed stomach (so chemo worked), and lymph nodes were negative. A month after that it was 4 more chemo treatments- last one was over 3 weeks ago. This one has hit me hard- I still can't taste much of anything. This really make eating a chore. Sometimes the thought of eating makes me sick. Some stuff cuts through, though. If I get something like Pad Thai at 4 out of 5 heat level, then I can taste that. I also have no problem tasting sweets. Good news is that I am down over 50 pounds. My oncologist wasn't too pleased with that, said I lost the weight too fast. I am glad I did, because my taste will return soon, so weight loss will be slower. If I can get down to 200 (225 currently), I will be happy. Should go for 180, but I am not going to starve myself to get there.
Hang in there brother!
Prayers and well wishes continue.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hang in there brother!
Prayers and well wishes continue.
Thanks- almost there. And while nothing is absolute, the doc said the chances of reoccurrence are very small. Here pretty soon I am going to start taking classical guitar lessons. I was going to do that for mental therapy during all of this, but the chemo does a number on your skin, and I didn't want to be bleeding on my new guitar. :)

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm catching up with threads after a whopper few months.

I'm very glad to hear that you're getting through all this, buddy, even if the road has been mighty rough. Even though I don't currently poke my head as much as I used to, know well that I'm sending good vibes up your way and think about you more than I let on.

Cheers!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I’ll send you some really really hot Texas red.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I was 8 weeks removed from my last chemo treatment, but was still feeling tired, worn out, malaise, brain fog, etc. Then I started developing fevers. Finally broke down and went to ER. I had an infection (e coli variant) in my bloodstream. Spent 4 days in the hospital. Just got home last night. I had written these feelings off to chemo effects, but the infection just prolonged everything. I feel better than I have in months. Have a couple weeks of IV antibiotics (still have chemo port, so I can do it at home) but feel fantastic. Should return to work on Tuesday.

Top Bottom