What's new

Listen to your body- a health update

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
@oc_in_fw

Owen, I know you’re not a praying person, and that’s just fine. So I’ll do it for you. Love ya brother.
….Now go and make me some Big’O…lol.
It’s been a bit since I’ve made some- about due.

Thanks all. Just want to clarify about what I consider fear. Normal fears that keep you safe (going to doc when things aren’t right, being careful around open flames, etc) I put in the caution category. When those start building up and get a bit intense, they (for me) drift into the fear category. Those are what I try to keep a handle on, because they can spiral out of control if not checked. Talking about it helps, I just want to keep the wife out of that loop because she has enough on her plate (taking care of house, grandkids, now 3 crazy cats).

Speaking of cats, here is the newest member, Thibodeaux (aka Tibby). He is about 3 months old- his long legs make him look bigger than he is in this picture. The beast (Shadow, my 14 pound boy) got used to him in a day. He still hasn’t fully adjusted to Tabby, and she has been with us over 1.5 years :)
29C199C5-6E41-40F2-96CB-1F0C4AA9EDFF.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well that's a house full for sure!
It can be entertaining. Hopefully the inclusion of one more cat gets makes her realize a small dog for the youngest is out of the question. Cat can be a pain, but nowhere near as bad as a dog. I have a small back yard, and dogs need more room to run around.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Thanks all. Just want to clarify about what I consider fear. Normal fears that keep you safe (going to doc when things aren’t right, being careful around open flames, etc) I put in the caution category. When those start building up and get a bit intense, they (for me) drift into the fear category. Those are what I try to keep a handle on, because they can spiral out of control if not checked. Talking about it helps, I just want to keep the wife out of that loop because she has enough on her plate (taking care of house, grandkids, now 3 crazy cats).

Speaking of cats, here is the newest member, Thibodeaux (aka Tibby). He is about 3 months old- his long legs make him look bigger than he is in this picture. The beast (Shadow, my 14 pound boy) got used to him in a day. He still hasn’t fully adjusted to Tabby, and she has been with us over 1.5 years :)View attachment 1306461
Tibby is beautiful.

FarmerTan

How have I NEVER seen a movie that Steve Martin juggles cats in? Truly.
What is this OBVIOUS masterpiece entitled?

FarmerTan

THE one and only Lilac Vegetal even makes an appearance early in the movie!
View attachment 1306536
I saw this one the day of it's release! Please tell me that I haven't forgotten the juggled cat movie in a movie?

And could that line about being born a sharecropper's son be used in a movie today? Sadly, I think we have lost our collective sense of humor.

And Bernadette Peters! I fell in love with her in that theatre a hundred years ago!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You haven't forgotten the juggled cat movie in a movie.
Okay, I lied but, hey, you're worth it.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Tibby is beautiful.
Thanks
THE one and only Lilac Vegetal even makes an appearance early in the movie!
View attachment 1306536
You mean I’m going to stay this color?
I saw this one the day of it's release! Please tell me that I haven't forgotten the juggled cat movie in a movie?

And could that line about being born a sharecropper's son be used in a movie today? Sadly, I think we have lost our collective sense of humor.

And Bernadette Peters! I fell in love with her in that theatre a hundred years ago!
BP was smoking.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

Speaking of cats, here is the newest member, Thibodeaux (aka Tibby). He is about 3 months old- his long legs make him look bigger than he is in this picture. The beast (Shadow, my 14 pound boy) got used to him in a day. He still hasn’t fully adjusted to Tabby, and she has been with us over 1.5 years :)View attachment 1306461

The only emotions that eat is up are the ones we refuse to express. Let it all out, buddy!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I solved a mystery. For a year and a half we figured that big boy still hadn’t adjusted to Tabby, even after 1.5 years. We put the blame on him, as he was first, bigger, and male. Calming collars help, but they would still get in it. She hisses at him most times to sees him close. We’ve had him since a 2 month old stray kitten. She spent a year on the streets. I think we have been seeing things like NHL refs- we see the retaliation shots, not what started it.

He is a very loving boy with us. Even when we play fight, he switches from nipping me gently to trying to groom me. He got along almost instantly with the kitten. It was frankly shocking. Sometimes he follows the kitten around the house, then they switch and Tibby follows him. They were next to each other, and he gently pushed Tibby down and started grooming him. Then they played around. I think he has been trying to be close to Tabby like that, but it freaked her out (you can pet her with one hand all day, but she will run if put another hand on the other side). I think when he tries she freaks out, scratches him, and then it’s on. Being bigger, we see the end result and wrongly blame him. She got a calming collar today. Shadow could smell it on her- he had a smug look on his face. :) All this time he just wanted a buddy.

FarmerTan

The only emotions that eat is up are the ones we refuse to express. Let it all out, buddy!
Truer werds were never spoken. I know this two ways: as a patient and a psych nurse.

We humans carry our manure around with us. No other creature does that. We ain't the brightest lights in the galaxy, that's for sure.

And Owen: laugh. Even when nothing is funny. It is like a good medicine.

Top Bottom