What's new

Lilac Vegetal

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Decanting the Veg. It cant be stressed enough.
Staying downwind when dumping it out on the ground can't be stressed enough.

I really can't believe anyone likes the Veg, I smelled it a few weeks ago and wow. I am serious, it's bad imo.

I think no one really likes it. Everyone hates it, but some out of shame of buying it and getting burnt feel the need to talk it up just to get others to buy it so they share the pain too. LOL

Face it, it's the gag gift of aftershave!

I think no one really likes it. Everyone hates it, but some out of shame of buying it and getting burnt feel the need to talk it up just to get others to buy it so they share the pain too. LOL

It is a window into your soul...... Not everyone can be chosen.

You can not judge the Veg unless you try it on yourself. A smell of it bottled won’t let you know if your among the chosen. The scent of it on someone else will not either. You may find you may have to wear it more than once or twice before you appreciate this scent ,that only the very few can.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

With respect, I disagree.

If some folks don't like it, if it clashes with your body chemistry then fine, don't wear it.

The Veg happens to be a wonderful aftershave for those who can wear it successfully.

It is a window into your soul...... Not everyone can be chosen.

Amen, +1 :)

You can not judge the Veg unless you try it on yourself. A smell of it bottled won’t let you know if your among the chosen. The scent of it on someone else will not either. You may find you may have to wear it more than once or twice before you appreciate this scent ,that only the very few can.

Very true! +1 :)

The Veg is no gag , this after shave has been around since the 1800’s . The Veg for the chosen is the real deal.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
@Raven Koenes posts got me pointed toward Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal - "The Veg".

The Veg either chooses you, or not.

I am honored to be a chosen Knight of the Veg Table. :)

As with all things Wet Shaving, just my opinion and YMMV. :)
Wecome oh Noble Knight, Sir David, to the Knights of the Veg Table! :w00t:

giphy.gif

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Lol! Love this post. I ain't never tried it. I think I will put in my living trust that I'd like my body liberally doused with The Veg so folks will cry at my funeral!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
With respect, I disagree.

If some folks don't like it, if it clashes with your body chemistry then fine, don't wear it.

The Veg happens to be a wonderful aftershave for those who can wear it successfully.
The Veg is no gag , this after shave has been around since the 1800’s . The Veg for the chosen is the real deal

For the record I have worn it. The result was me wondering when the cat found me sleeping and declared me a scent post.

I’m sure some can wear it well. I was being facetious. The scent post comment is fact for me. Thankfully there are lots of other aftershaves the work well for me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
For the record I have worn it. The result was me wondering when the cat found me sleeping and declared me a scent post.

I’m sure some can wear it well. I was being facetious. The scent post comment is fact for me. Thankfully there are lots of other aftershaves the work well for me.

I took your comments as facetious and applying to your experiences. No worries. :)

Lots of options out there. My criteria is: If my wife likes it, I'll wear it.

Some she likes (Stetson is, by far, the favorite), some she tolerates. The only one, so far, that has been banned in the house is Roam.

YMMV

Got some in the mail yesterday. I had to see what all the fuss was about. Apparently it’s love or hate. I open it last night and took a whiff. Stinky stuff. Had to give it a chance. Nice shave this morning. Slapped some Veg on the face. Gave it some time to see if it mellowed out. Ummm no. Stays strong. Stays bad. Really bad. Poured the rest down the drain and am on my third shower trying to get it off. Definitely not for me. Glad other folks can but me it’s a no go.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Slapped some Veg on the face. Gave it some time to see if it mellowed out. Ummm no. Stays strong. Stays bad. Really bad.
That was my experience. I think it's down to body chemistry and I think body chemistry comes into play with soaps and slickness as well. Everyone raves about M&M slickness, I tried wet, superwet, dry, dusty and everything in between lather and could not even adequate slickness not to mention they type people rave about. No doubt AS it the same.

Lots of options out there. My criteria is: If my wife likes it, I'll wear it.
I'm trying to remember the last one I used where my wife actually made a comment, I think I had a bad shave and used a couple applications of two different types of balm and the combination worked. She doesn't like any of the drugstore type stuff. The best I get on any of that is "it's ok". Which means it doesn't repel me. LOL

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm trying to remember the last one I used where my wife actually made a comment, I think I had a bad shave and used a couple applications of two different types of balm and the combination worked. She doesn't like any of the drugstore type stuff. The best I get on any of that is "it's ok". Which means it doesn't repel me. LOL

My wife likes it, a LOT, when I wear Original Stetson. That's always the Date Night selection. Wore it every day for 33 years.

Then I found B&B. ;)

Other Cologes and Aftershaves that are now passing inspection:
Tabac
Bootlegger's Eldorado
Clubman Selection Whiskey Woods
Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Spanish Aqua Velva
Bootlegger's Bay Rum
The various Vetivers in my collection
Probably a couple of others that are slipping my mind at the moment

On the "it's okay" (anyone who has been married a long time knows what this means ;)) list:
Anything with dominant Sandalwood (like Proraso Red)
Aqua Velva Ice Sport

On the "go outside if you're going to use that stuff" list:
Roam

Regarding The Veg: It has to be body chemistry. I wear it regularly in a variety of business and social settings and NONE of the deleterious odors and stench that some attribute to The Veg are there. None. Zero.

Hence, I am Chosen. ;)

All in good fun.

YMMV :)

Lol! Love this post. I ain't never tried it. I think I will put in my living trust that I'd like my body liberally doused with The Veg so folks will cry at my funeral!
You’ll fit right in! According to many it reminds them of a funeral home.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There's no "cat pee" note, sheesh!

Veg scent pyramid:

• URINAL CAKE •

FORMALDEHYDE • FUNERAL HOME

SATIN PILLOW • LILLIES • RELATIVES' TEARS

AA

Can The Veg ruin Christmas? I say, yes.

Though green, this won't add to the festivities. The Grinch was green, too.

Also, all the windows are closed. Think of your relatives ... And Santa!

"Ho, ho, ho! Merrrrry :GACK: ...what happened here!? Rudolph, away! And quickly! It's a METH lab!!!!"

AA

Can The Veg ruin Christmas? I say, yes.

Though green, this won't add to the festivities. The Grinch was green, too.

Also, all the windows are closed. Think of your relatives ... And Santa!

"Ho, ho, ho! Merrrrry :GACK: ...what happened here!? Rudolph, away! And quickly! It's a METH lab!!!!"

AA
This made my morning.

Top Bottom