What's new

Lilac Vegetal: Nobody forgets their first time.

Same thing happened to me, and now I use it about 5 days a week. So...be careful.

Mrs. Scandalous loves it though so no worries there.
Yeah, I went to hug Mrs. Shavington and she didn’t make any comment. Usually she will ask what aftershave I’m wearing and then tell me she doesn’t like it. But this time she just accepted it, even though it was freshly splashed and definitely at its most “vegetal”. She must like it too.

Can you imagine the meeting at Pinaud when they decided the name for this aftershave?

”It’s lilac and catpiss, but I don’t think we can call it that”

It must have been a long meeting and an extreme marketing contortion that came up with the word “vegetal”. And yet it is still a difficult compromise because I cannot think any product would sell more by having “vegetal” in the name.

Can you imagine the meeting at Pinaud when they decided the name for this aftershave?

It must have been a long meeting and an extreme marketing contortion that came up with the word “vegetal”. And yet it is still a difficult compromise because I cannot think any product would sell more by having “vegetal” in the name.
The scent was developed by a cat hoarder that used cheap dollar store lilac carpet freshener to cover the odor of the cat feces and urine, probably someone at Pinaud. Their nose was burned out already from the stench and could no longer smell it. Reminding them of home, they decided to market it as an aftershave so it would not be declared a bio-weapon.

The scent was developed by a cat hoarder that used cheap dollar store lilac carpet freshener to cover the odor of the cat feces and urine, probably someone at Pinaud. Their nose was burned out already from the stench and could no longer smell it. Reminding them of home, they decided to market it as an aftershave so it would not be declared a bio-weapon.
And you raise an interesting point there. If someone smells Lilac Vegetal on you, are they going to think your house smells like that? They surely aren’t going to think it’s an aftershave, are they?

Great statement, congrats! Somehow I feel I have this sort of forbidden naughty taste for that kinky smell.

I apologize for making you get though this sweet and sour experience these days
Great statement, congrats! Somehow I feel I have this sort of forbidden naughty taste for that kinky smell.

I apologize to make you get though this sweet and sour experience these days…
The word “vegetal” is sinister, don’t you think? What could it mean? What on Earth have they put in it? That’s a pretty clear clue that something is off about this aftershave, when you think about it.

It means “urine”, doesn’t it?
Hahahaha!

Hahaha…wonderful!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'll never forget the first time. It was actually my wife that asked me about the product...she had seen it and asked me to get it...I knew nothing about it. When it arrived, we were both home and we set it on the dining room table and opened it up. We both took a whiff and immediately agreed that neither she nor I would ever use it in any capacity. The End.

I have just received my first bottle of Pinaud Lilac Vegetal. I opened it and got a good splash on my face.
Now, it is smelling like I have gone to a cemetery and peed over the flowers of someone’s grave. But, strangely enough, I…love it!
I might be one of the chosen.

View attachment 1555160
There's no turning back! You bought the big bottle. 🤣

I'm also one of the chosen. I also love "The Veg" and lucky for me so does my lady.

Welcome. 😉

Just the name of this stuff much less my horrible experience with Pinaud vanilla, keeps their products at the top of my must miss list. While I love Shulton Old Spice, the smell of other cheap barber shop and grocery store scents makes me ill.

Top Bottom