What's new

Lilac Vegetal: Nobody forgets their first time.

After I'm done with my current bottle I'll be upgrading in size. LOVE the stuff. It's my spring/summer staple, and I like to revisit it from time to time in the colder months for the warm weather nostalgia.

I've only had good compliments from it. And my New York apartment seems to be roach free, too!

After I'm done with my current bottle I'll be upgrading in size. LOVE the stuff. It's my spring/summer staple, and I like to revisit it from time to time in the colder months for the warm weather nostalgia.

I've only had good compliments from it. And my New York apartment seems to be roach free, too!
Besides of its smell being an acquired taste, the Veggie has antiroach properties…hahahaha, this is wonderful!

The first and only time I've smelled this stuff, it evacuated the store! I gagged, puked, and had to be taken to the hospital, where they decontaminated me just to be on the safe side once I told them the problem. The put me in an isolation ward so I wouldn't contaminate the rest of the hospital. It took weeks of aroma therapy to get the awful smell out of my nose.

The first and only time I've smelled this stuff, it evacuated the store! I gagged, puked, and had to be taken to the hospital, where they decontaminated me just to be on the safe side once I told them the problem. The put me in an isolation ward so I wouldn't contaminate the rest of the hospital. It took weeks of aroma therapy to get the awful smell out of my nose.
Hahahaha!

As soon as I opened it, it went straight to the trash. I gagged and suppressed the puke that was about to come out. I love Tabac, Arko, and all the wonderful polarizing shaving products out there, but this one was unbearable. I'll take the grandma's purse and bathroom cleaner/Citronella smell any day over fermented urine.

For the record, I can't say I've ever had a cat as a pet, but I've worked with Snow Leopards and can say that significant amounts of cat pee isn't as enjoyable as The Veg. Granted, I'm sure the sting will be similar.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The best part is that the Veg can be blended with other aftershaves to create new and interesting blends that also smell horrible.

Notes from 2020:

"I am NOT chosen - no how, no way - yet I've used most of a big bottle of The Veg, and will replace it when gone; such is my respect for the Hungarian Cavalry - those brave fellows!

The Veg - with it's brassy top note of Urinal Puck; funky middle notes of Formaldehyde, Satin Pillow and Relative's Tears; and of course famous (whew!) base notes of Play-Doh, Fake Flowers and Actual Urea, is a classic my shave den will never be without!

The fuzzy green haze that embraces a user, as you go about the day, pondering the last funeral you attended, really helps put things in perspective - things like Bay Rum, fougeres, Clubman, better aftershaves etc."

AA

The funny thing is I put on some Lilac Vegetal a few days ago because of this thread. Yes, it has a sharp, nasty, animal urine smell first and foremost, and an undercurrent of fake lilac that an old woman might wear if she was very poor indeed. It is detestable, for sure. But the next morning I could still smell it a bit and I found I wanted some more of it. And I’ve been wearing it for three days now. Somehow it is moreish.

I don’t think I would ever wear Lilac Vegetal if there was a chance of encountering other people. But as an illicit vice, in solitary confinement, there’s definitely something about it.

If they made Lilac Vegetal illegal, though, I would understand. They probably should, actually.

The best part is that the Veg can be blended with other aftershaves to create new and interesting blends that also smell horrible.

Notes from 2020:

"I am NOT chosen - no how, no way - yet I've used most of a big bottle of The Veg, and will replace it when gone; such is my respect for the Hungarian Cavalry - those brave fellows!

The Veg - with it's brassy top note of Urinal Puck; funky middle notes of Formaldehyde, Satin Pillow and Relative's Tears; and of course famous (whew!) base notes of Play-Doh, Fake Flowers and Actual Urea, is a classic my shave den will never be without!

The fuzzy green haze that embraces a user, as you go about the day, pondering the last funeral you attended, really helps put things in perspective - things like Bay Rum, fougeres, Clubman, better aftershaves etc."

AA
Hahaha…wonderful!

The funny thing is I put on some Lilac Vegetal a few days ago because of this thread. Yes, it has a sharp, nasty, animal urine smell first and foremost, and an undercurrent of fake lilac that an old woman might wear if she was very poor indeed. It is detestable, for sure. But the next morning I could still smell it a bit and I found I wanted some more of it. And I’ve been wearing it for three days now. Somehow it is moreish.

I don’t think I would ever wear Lilac Vegetal if there was a chance of encountering other people. But as an illicit vice, in solitary confinement, there’s definitely something about it.

If they made Lilac Vegetal illegal, though, I would understand. They probably should, actually.
Great statement, congrats! Somehow I feel I have this sort of forbidden naughty taste for that kinky smell.

I apologize to make you get though this sweet and sour experience these days…

The word “vegetal” is sinister, don’t you think? What could it mean? What on Earth have they put in it? That’s a pretty clear clue that something is off about this aftershave, when you think about it.

It means “urine”, doesn’t it?

Top Bottom