• Tabac

• Speick

• Lea

• La Toja

• Erasmic

• Valbora

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just tried La Toja for the first time. It's a good soap but I found it slightly irritating (I can be pretty sensitive), and I found the scent to be rather weak and meh.. Ease of lather was above avg. cushion was above average but I found shave protection to be only average. I can't really judge post shave feel since it irritated me from the start. I found Arko to perform much better. I have pretty hard water, which might make a difference.

Based on what I've tried:
Mike's
Arko
La Toja

Just tried La Toja for the first time. It's a good soap but I found it slightly irritating (I can be pretty sensitive), and I found the scent to be rather weak and meh.. Ease of lather was above avg. cushion was above average but I found shave protection to be only average. I can't really judge post shave feel since it irritated me from the start. I found Arko to perform much better. I have pretty hard water, which might make a difference.

Based on what I've tried:
Mike's
Arko
La Toja
Someone else, I think it was noah, commented on how La Toja irritates him, too, and maybe it's because of the mineral salts.

I had the same thought -- only for me it's irritated me once or twice and that's it. I guess if I had a particularly irritating shave the night before or was otherwise more "raw" than usual, I find the same thing. But I haven't had that problem most days. Curious. I find the scent pleasant enough, mostly unobtrusive; the lather, however, has nice slickness and nice cushion for me. I haven't tried Mike's or Arko yet (and Mike's is next on my list, since it's my favorite soap in general).

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
La Toja and Palmolive are the only two sticks with a permanent spot in my den. Both are super effective, easy to lather abundantly and dirt cheap. If I had to choose only one I'd go with la Toja, but only by a very small margin.

Scent is very personal, of course. Tabac is worst for me, and Speick is best. More important, my wife hates the Tabac scent.

You're right, and I can see why Tabac is one of the divisive scents. Fortunately my wife and I both love it, I have the soap and the aftershave. :thumbup1:

I vote Irisch Moos, lovely scent and the size diameter is far superior to all the others except its cousin Tabac.

Arko is a nice runner up.

I've tried 8 on the list. Several of them are matched in performance, but separated by scent for me.

I voted other. I carry three sticks in twist ups in my travel kit, for routine 18 day trips: Mike's, MWF, and Spiek. And I have two Speik sticks grated in a Pyrex at the house.

I've tried 6 of the 9 on the list and my top three are Arko for its billowy lather (scent is fine by me), Speick for its combination of slick lather and herbal scent, and La Toja for being an excellent all-around performer. Honorable mention goes to Palmolive and Wilkinson. I could use any of these daily and be happy. I want to love Tabac, I really do, but I just can't get past the scent, which just isn't my thing. I can't argue with it's tallowy, super-cushiony lather, though.

I voted other.
$IMG_20140830_165112.jpg

I didn't include Irisch Moos in the poll options because it has been discontinued apparently. Wanted to keep it to currently produced and available soaps.

Top Bottom