What's new

Let us 3017 something

To 3017 something means to use up something without using something else in between. For example, you may 3017 a soap by using the same soap until it is completely gone. I know this is a challenge for many, including myself, but I think this is my way out of my severe case of SAD. Maybe you just would like to downsize your ample stash of an item.

The challenge is to 3017 a soap, blade, aftershave or other item. It does not have to be an unused item, but one that you would like to finally use up. Just post what you are 3017ing and post updates regularly. Let us keep each other accountable. I am not going to keep a list of people or items that are being 3017'd. It is all on the honor system. So dust off that 1kg block of Vito, you have in your shave cabinet and get to work!

My first 3017 will be my VDH shave soap puck, that was my first shave soap I bought when I started DE shaving 6 months ago. More soaps followed in it's footsteps, but I really need to use this one up. My shaving area in the bathroom has grown and I can start to see on the face of LOTH that I need to do something about it. I am not sure how many shaves I already have on it, but I used it last night and the night before so I am x+2 shaves in.

Last edited:
No need for a new thread on this topic.

There is already a legendary soap thread here with 25000+ posts, stickied in SOAPS.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger

There is already a legendary soap thread here with 25000+ posts, stickied in SOAPS.

baby-laughing-to-shock.gif

I have seen it, but that thread only pertains to soap. This one could be that gallon jug of clubman pinaud you have under your sink 😁

I have seen it, but that thread only pertains to soap. This one could be that gallon jug of clubman pinaud you have under your sink 😁

We don't need more competing 3017 threads.

The 3017 SOAP thread is already the best thread on the internet, no need to try and compete with it.

Last edited:

The 3017 SOAP thread is already the best thread on the internet, no need to try and compete with it.
We all have differing opinions on things, which is great. I do not see it as competing, but just as more choice. There are many many threads here on B&B with similar and same topics and I did not know that there was an issue with that. It is also your choice to post here on this thread or not, but remember that if you do, you will bump it.

I've been doing this for just over a year, and finally finished a single product last week: a bottle of Avon Spicy aftershave. I can't even imagine seeing the bottom of a soap jar.

I've been doing this for just over a year, and finally finished a single product last week: a bottle of Avon Spicy aftershave. I can't even imagine seeing the bottom of a soap jar.
I know what you mean. It seems like I have just accumulated stuff so far and I guess that if you have a decent rotation on things it does seem like it takes forever to use up something. I will give this a shot and see if I can stick with it to narrow my field a bit so to speak.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'm 3017ing a fluoride toothpaste.
:facep:

fluoride.JPG

I agree. For the normally used shaving products I suggest we post in the existing threads.
Use 'em, don't confuse 'em.
No need to reinvent the wheel.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

So this brings up a question: If I 3017 a bottle of AS splash and want to post about it, I should go to the soap sub?

Inquiring minds? :)

Top Bottom