What's new

Leather holster recomendations for Ruger SP101 with 4.2 in. barrel.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Looking for a leather holster for an SP101 with a 4.2 inch barrel. This will be a general purpose "field" holster, not one for CCW. Ruger offers a Ruger branded one in their accessories line, but seems to be always sold out. Any suggestions. Would like to keep it around $100 or less. Hopefully $75ish.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

And for just $10 more off your limit amount, Custom for your .327. :)

Last edited:
Looking for a leather holster for an SP101 with a 4.2 inch barrel. This will be a general purpose "field" holster, not one for CCW. Ruger offers a Ruger branded one in their accessories line, but seems to be always sold out. Any suggestions. Would like to keep it around $100 or less. Hopefully $75ish.
If this works for a SP 101 2.25, I imagine it would work for a longer barreled version and might serve as a field holster..?? .https://www.mtrcustomleather.com/
daily 001.JPG

C2E11793-441A-4392-A12B-99AD9591863E.jpeg
0E34EFA9-AFA0-43D5-82A3-2BE29E6DA63B.jpeg

Guess I may have showed up a bit late here. But...
The Milt Sparks PMK and R. Grizzle "Working Man" holsters have both done very well by me. They are available for the Ruger SP 101.
C2E11793-441A-4392-A12B-99AD9591863E.jpeg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Nice holsters indeed! Hopefully I didn't "jump the gun", so to speak, I wanted to keep the price down on this one. I have several Sparks and aspire to R. Grizz in the future for other guns.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I like the R Grizzle but 16 weeks is a long time to wait for a holster.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Supposedly the wait time for the M.D. Whitfield is about 9 weeks......

Seems most top tier holster makers all have a huge waiting period.
Sparks is 14-20 weeks. Grizzle 16 weeks. Andrews...let's just say it's a good while.
Last I looked Matt Del Fatti was around 4 years. 5 Shot Leather was somewhere in
the same ball park.
"Good things come to those who wait".
Uh huh...........

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Simply Rugged turned my Rattle Snake holster in about 3 weeks. He had plenty of skin at the time. I think sometimes it is your source of leather and what the maker will work with. I am still thinking of ordering the R Grizzle. Does that Working Man hold the but tight against your side Tim? @Acmemfg

Yes. I have a couple of Grizzle “Working Man” rigs. Two are like the one posted above. Straight drop for my S&W revolvers. Another, shown here is for a CZ 75C but has a FBI forward cant.
The design is that of essentially a Nelson Avenger, tried and proven for many years.
1AA27377-0205-4E59-8023-56A5C8E63F1A.jpeg
5BC142BD-6255-4209-84A1-EFC88CEF5D7B.jpeg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Supposedly the wait time for the M.D. Whitfield is about 9 weeks......

EPS upped their delivery time from 6 to 8 weeks to 24 WEEKS due to the lockdown. I'm not waiting 6 months on one...I'll order when they get back to normal.

COVID-19 UPDATE
Current Make to Order and ship time is 24 weeks due to reduced staffing to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions imposed by our local government. We will honor and fulfill all orders received. Due to reduce satffing, it may take additional time to return phone mesages. Thank you for your business and understanding. Stay Safe.

Wright Leather Works (a decent holster manufacturer out of Ohio with a respectable customer base) was shut down for 2 weeks when this mess first started. They are running 6-8 weeks.
@simon1
Don't know what it is you're looking for but I'd call around. Ritchie Leather is excellent gear and usually pretty quick. Wright ain't quite up there with the premier makers but they make a good product. May consider Mitch Rosen also.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
High Noon Holsters has been running a 50% off sale. They make good, high quality leather holsters.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
25E33795-E0A9-4E93-A63B-EE4B6CC84A1F.jpeg
A38A7235-6FB6-4667-8CCD-71B80049DFB7.jpeg

I don’t know...just something about a classic revolver and properly made leather holster that is just so....right.
Left-S&W Model 629 .44 magnum
Right-S&W Model 66 .357 magnum
Both holsters by R. Grizzle Leather-“Workin’ Man”. Straight drop.

Top Bottom