What's new

LCP triggers

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Rapid fire as per how it was beat into me?
Yes. Shooting from the hip (“speed rock”) or two hand high point…
Two rounds, quickly re-assess the target (about 3/4-1 second), repeat with another two rounds, continue until empty.
Trick is keeping everything tight so the inertia can properly do what it needs to.
One of the advantages of a revolver, no weak wrist malfunctions😁

I’m glad Ruger addressed the trigger for her. She just prefers the smaller .380 sized pistol over her G43 when she’s working. I can get her to carry her 43 on off days during the winter, but that’s about it.

If your only and sassy wife is only going to carry a small .380? Make sure that .380 has a 12 round magazine. :)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I’m glad Ruger addressed the trigger for her. She just prefers the smaller .380 sized pistol over her G43 when she’s working. I can get her to carry her 43 on off days during the winter, but that’s about it.

If your only and sassy wife is only going to carry a small .380? Make sure that .380 has a 12 round magazine. :)
My sassy wife is more comfortable with mace and a taser. My win out of this is I get to carry her micro 9 more often. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My sassy wife is more comfortable with mace and a taser. My win out of this is I get to carry her micro 9 more often. :)

My wife did the mace thing for years until she broke and agreed to carry a pistol from constant duress from me.

She’s been carrying for a decade and a half now and there’s been a few times she’s thought she might have almost needed it. So she’s glad she had something now.

You should by her that 5 inch Emissary immediately! ;)

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
My wife did the mace thing for years until she broke and agreed to carry a pistol from constant duress from me.

She’s been carrying for a decade and a half now and there’s been a few times she’s thought she might have almost needed it. So she’s glad she had something now.

You should by her that 5 inch Emissary immediately! ;)
I like the way you think.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Just got my LCP Max back from Ruger. They replaced the slide and barrel again. Although they didn't say so, looks like the trigger is also new. I have only dry fired it so far, seems a little improved? Won't be able to test fire it before next week at the earliest.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So, I took the LCP Max back from Ruger out to the range today and ran 40 rounds through it.

IMG_2346.JPG

10 rounds supported slow fire from the bench, at 7 yds. Still shanked one low.

IMG_2347.JPG

7 yds unsupported, two hand hold, controlled (?) fire, jerked a few low still.

IMG_2348.JPG

Another 10 rounds at 7 yds, rapid double taps. Notice two hits lower edge of paper.

IMG_2349.JPG

At about 4 1/2 yds, 10 round mag dump.

So bottom line, somewhat better but not great. I need to shoot it a lot more before passing final judgement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom