What's new

Laziness as a virtue

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
In another thread, I was only half lying when I said that a big reason I get so many uses out of a blade is that I'm too lazy to change them.

This got me thinking of a new theory worth discussing:

How many bad things could be averted if we had only stayed in our beds or recliners?

I'll start: Robert A Heinlein may have stolen this one but he did say: the early bird getting the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed.

Okay, who's next?

Don't make me come up with another! I'm too lazy.

Well, it is in IT, sort of. Finding the most efficient way to accomplish a technology problem is the ideal solution. However, takes a lot of work to get to the lazy part. Ha ha ha.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

Well, it is in IT, sort of. Finding the most efficient way to accomplish a technology problem is the ideal solution. However, takes a lot of work to get to the lazy part. Ha ha ha.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for not being to lazy to answer my question!

FarmerTan

I will go even further: ambition can be a vice.

Not like on your work bench.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.”
― Robert Heinlein

brandaves

“I've heard that hard work never killed anyone, but I say why take the chance?”
― Ronald Reagan

If I stayed in bed that day I never would have met that gal who is the reason I left my girlfriend, looking back what a mistake I made, my girlfriend had a great job,
House and a Corvette. I miss my X girlfriend.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

brandaves

“Laziness is the first step towards efficiency.”
― Patrick Bennett

brandaves

Apparently I felt the need to defend laziness as a virtue...I've just learned something about myself.

Top Bottom