What's new

Lather bowls

Photo 27.11.19, 11 53 00.jpg

This Mühle lather bowl works great, but I find myself face lathering more and more.

s
You can order them over Aliexpress for like 2$. I'm not sure if I can post link here.
Hahahaha...I saw those "collapsible bowl" in Aliexpress. It is more for food and eating out from rather than for shaving although with those circular ridges maybe possible...
1574864441383.png

+1 for salsa bowls...mine's from the Dollar Tree (2 pack/$1). Love the micro-texturing and it fits great in my hand. I used to use an apothecary style mug, which I also liked very much, but it slipped out of my hand and cracked in the sink. The plastic salsa bowl is naturally immune to such calamities.

View attachment 1026278
What part of the country are you from? I went to 2 Dollar Tree stores looking for this and nothing like this at all. I asked 2 employees and they looked at me with a "deer in the headlights" expression. Said they never heard of them ever selling a guac or salsa bowl like this. I'm in Florida if that makes any difference.

What part of the country are you from? I went to 2 Dollar Tree stores looking for this and nothing like this at all. I asked 2 employees and they looked at me with a "deer in the headlights" expression. Said they never heard of them ever selling a guac or salsa bowl like this. I'm in Florida if that makes any difference.
I'm in the northern northeast, Maine. And, yes, I can relate to the blank expressions when asking for help. I can't imagine that they're doing too much target marketing, but you never know.

Thanks for this. I will sign up for Ali Express. Is the site to be trusted or are there issues of credit card fraud/identity theft using them without Paypal?
Aliexpress is the B2C arm of Alibaba, which basically a way to connect Chinese manufacturers with corporate customers. Very big and well established. Not all manufacturers are reliable, but the site should be safe.

This is the one you want.

I bought one of these from Stirling and used it for the first time today. OMG!! Lather exploded almost immediately!! I've never had such an easy time making lather before. Those nibs on the bottom make all the difference in the world.

I still use the bowl and brush that came with this kit. It works, but sometimes it seems too small.

Attachments

• 81QxqlTWkKL._SL1500_.jpg
    81QxqlTWkKL._SL1500_.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 18
Occasionally, I ’borrow’ a cereal bowl from the kitchen for a lather bowl. 99% of the time I just face-lather.

Top Bottom