What's new

Larger lather bowl - first pictures!

The pictures are in! I will be picking them up Tuesday and able to ship out on Tuesday for anyone who pays in time. Will be invoicing each of you now. Enjoy the pics. (The white portions are not in the glaze but instead are reflections of the overhead light.)

I need help on naming these. Do we call one Grande and the other Venti? :biggrin1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

They look amazing! I just paid my invoice. Very excited to get it!

The pictures are in! I will be picking them up Tuesday and able to ship out on Tuesday for anyone who pays in time. Will be invoicing each of you now. Enjoy the pics. (The white portions are not in the glaze but instead are reflections of the overhead light.)

I need help on naming these. Do we call one Grande and the other Venti? :biggrin1:

My Italian is a little weak but I just Googled those words and notice Starbuck's uses these terms for their coffee cup sizes. Magnifico!

Last edited:
My Italian is a little weak but I just Googled those words and notice Starbuck's uses these terms for their coffee sup sizes. Magnifico!

That's where I got the idea and said so in jest but "Magnifico" hmmm, now there is an idea maybe. Was hoping to come up with a somewhat nautical term but not tooooo over the top.

Then we have to consider names of sails. For the bowls serve a similar purpose, wind in the sails, joy in our shave...
Although, if you immediately go with 'spinnaker' doesn't leave room for the super size you dont realize you need... Just yet...

That's where I got the idea and said so in jest but "Magnifico" hmmm, now there is an idea maybe. Was hoping to come up with a somewhat nautical term but not tooooo over the top.

I have a bunch of ideas for names but I'll just post my favorite. Maybe too over the top nautical but not sure what you have in mind.

The dinghy and barge.

Dingy: A small boat.

Barge: A roomy usually flat-bottomed boat (bowl) used chiefly for the transport of goods (lather) on inland waterways (the bathroom).

Last edited:
While dingy and barge work I like a more impressive sounding boat. Like Sloop for the small and Dreadnought for the big. Just sound better to me.

Skiff and Cutter? By the way, I was gifted one in the 2nd Christmas PIF and absolutely love the way it helps to build the lather.

I thought you were joking and so was I. I might not have used "magnifico" correctly but I meant that to mean "magnificent" choices. I agree nautical terms would be better and I see some members suggesting boats or ships. Since all vessels "hold things" I lean in that direction too.

Top Bottom