What's new

Larger lather bowl - first pictures!

To recap we are having ten larger lather bowls made. The new ones measure 5"x 1 1/2" deep. Our original lather bowls measure 4 1/2" x 1 1/4" deep. Of the ten larger ones made there are five Cobalt and five Gunmetal. Two Gunmetal are already spoken for by the customer who proposed the idea. The idea originated from him using a larger knot brush and needing more space inside the bowl than our original provides. Other customers may like the larger one out of personal preference. These ten are a trial to gauge demand and collect feedback. All other aspects of the larger bowl are identical - the grooves in the bottom, sides just the right height for lathering but low enough to avoid knocking the brush against, convenient thumb button on the outside and gently curved sides to contain the lather. Price on our original bowls is $21.75 and these larger ones are $24.95 while they last.

Here are two pictures of them after they have been through the kiln at a toasty 1200 degrees. Next up is they go back in so the glaze can make these ugly ducklings into the beautiful swans that they are.

Tell me what you think!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Me likey! I have the original bowl and with some super lathering creams, like KMF, and my big silvertip I have more lather on the counter than in the bowl.

Ugly? I REALLY like the look of that bowl in a pure white! If I had the money I'd request that in just a clear glaze ;)

Jonsta

That does look nice. It does not look like it actually obnoxiously larger either. If I ever needed a second bowl would maybe have to consider it.

At their request I have begun a list for those who would like a larger lather bowl. There are ten being made, five Cobalt and five Gunmetal. Each is $24.95. If you want one let me know, some are already spoken for. Based on feedback from customers we may add this as a new product but we want to first see what the customers have to say once they have used them for a while.

I would definitely be interested in this larger-size bowl - who do I talk to, where do I sign up to get one, perhaps (preferably Gunmetal)?
Thanks!

I would definitely be interested in this larger-size bowl - who do I talk to, where do I sign up to get one, perhaps (preferably Gunmetal)?
Thanks!

Send me a PM, four out of ten are already spoken for. I need your name and email address for now and once I have them in hand will invoice you.

Great idea! I really like the 4.5 inch that I just got this week but the larger would probably work a little better for say and omega 48 or 49. Hope it gets added to the line up!

Like this, but let me know when you make a scuttle. or some sort of device to turn existing lather bowls into scuttles.

The pictures are in! I will be picking them up Tuesday and able to ship out on Tuesday for anyone who pays in time. Will be invoicing each of you now. Enjoy the pics. (The white portions are not in the glaze but instead are reflections of the overhead light.)

I need help on naming these. Do we call one Grande and the other Venti? :biggrin1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom