What's new

Lambda Lovers

The next few days are going to be fun!

4554FE96-1181-4223-9464-6696315062CA.jpeg

First outing with the Athena went as well as could possibly be expected. Angle was natural, comfort was as good as it gets - think ASD2 comfort but with much better efficiency…

How???

This could be a daily shavers best friend

First impressions strong, and very noteworthy, more to come ….

EFBD04CE-0B5A-415C-B302-BB4D0BBC80EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone wish to update the registry? I think this is from the last post on the subject.

Lambda Ares (V1)

Lambda Ares (V2)

22-037-V2 Calm_Shaver
22-044-V2 Mr. Shavington

Lambda Athena
22-069 Calm_Shaver
22-074 Mr. Shavington
22-112 Mr. Shavington
22-127 Big_T
22-160 Phoenixkh
22-179 spacemonkey42
22-189 Chan Eil Whiskers

I’ve had my Athena for a short while now. It is a very good shaver. I don’t know if it’s quite as effortless (thought-free?) as my Tatara, but it is very nice. Also, I’m still trying out blades to see if a particular one stands out. I have been disassembling it and wiping it down after each use, but I do see the very beginnings of patina in a couple of spots. I’m debating on seeing how the patina develops and how it looks before polishing it away.
Jack

I’ve had my Athena for a short while now. It is a very good shaver. I don’t know if it’s quite as effortless (thought-free?) as my Tatara, but it is very nice. Also, I’m still trying out blades to see if a particular one stands out. I have been disassembling it and wiping it down after each use, but I do see the very beginnings of patina in a couple of spots. I’m debating on seeing how the patina develops and how it looks before polishing it away.
Jack
Darn! I'm not really into Patina and always wipe down my razors. I guess I will have to up my game on after service care. lol
I'm definitely looking forward to having this razor. It wounds right up my alley.

PXL_20230127_214036796.jpg
PXL_20230127_213628621.jpg

Words merely diminish the beauty shown in the photos above. The photo below illustrates the blade exposure, slightly negative, perhaps 0.001 inches (for reference, the blade is 0.004 inches thick). The loaded blade is a 1974 Gillette Super Stainless-The Spoiler with one shave under its belt already, which will be the first blade I try in this beauty.

Athena blade exposure.jpg

Top Bottom