What's new

Lady's watch

Our oldest daughter turned 18 this month, and expressed that she would like a good wristwatch for her birthday. A bit of a complication is that she would like to get the watch from a brick and mortar store, which limits the choice to mainstream brands like Seiko, Citizen, Mondaine, or Tissot. It also means that the watch should be available on the European market.

She has some specific requirements :001_smile

• the watch must have a dark dial, preferably blue, and a leather strap
  • she wants a classy design; the less ornamental, the better
  • the watch must be "ladies size"
  • it should have a long running battery, kinetic, or solar power; she is not interested in a mechanical watch
  • she wants a watch brand, not a fashion watch
  • she prefers to see the watch in person before buying (yes, I do know that web shops offer a 14 days return policy)

We have just one requirement :001_smile ... the budget is around 250 euro.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I know this totally ignores all your requirements, but:

proxy.php

proxy.php

http://bathyswatch.com/main.php?link=wahine-bl

Cool as hell, she'll never see another one in the wild, quartz and in your price range (I think, there's usually a discount floating around), and it's a 'real' watch.

Now, back to your requests, I don't think you'll do better than this:

proxy.php

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Jazzmaster-Seaview-Stainless-H37451141/dp/B00FATO8RW

You can get it with leather, and AD's usually discount them pretty well.

Really struggling to find anything that matches the requirements. Movado Museum was the closest I could find. If you can swing a lighter dial, that opens things up.

Any other common brands over there?

Any other common brands over there?

Apart from the designer brands, the main brands in that price range (€250 and below) are the Japanese; Casio, Citizen, Seiko, Pulsar, and Loris. Pulsar, Loris, and Q&Q are sub-brands of Seiko, I believe.

Just to let you know; my daughter told me that the only one looking like a women's watch is the Movado.
In other words; we men have no taste lol!

To be continued after she is back from vacation (she leaves tomorrow).

Whatever you go for, consider that the worse part of watches are when you get issues with the bracelet (usually the first thing to go), either breaks or worn, replacement can be difficult.

I've switched to metal bracelet watches (I collect Casio watches as I'm a gadget person) and my daughters also adopted the metal bracelet thing after several watches became unwearable due to "custom" bracelet setups and not being able to get replacements.

My youngest absolutely loves (understatement) the watch she has now. (I just posted about it here, so link to the watch, etc.)

Just saw the Citizen and Movado in person. The Citizen was okay but does look a bit busy. The Movado was very classy. I also saw a Macy's special edition Citizen that looked like the Movado. Again if you are open to ordering online check that out.

Just saw the Citizen and Movado in person. The Citizen was okay but does look a bit busy. The Movado was very classy. I also saw a Macy's special edition Citizen that looked like the Movado. Again if you are open to ordering online check that out.

My daughter does not want to buy online, and she has some very specific requirements. By the way, we don't have a Macy's here, and I found out that watch prices in the USA seem to be (much) lower than over here.

We're going to look at the Citizen stiletto line here, as soon as she is back from vacation. I'll report back in two weeks or so :001_smile

Top Bottom