What's new

La Toja shaving stick reformulation

On a side note, does anyone here know if the shaving creams have recently been reformulated too? The La Toja Classic (red metal tube) is a fantastic cream for sure.
I use the Sensitive (I don't know why) and every tube has been a solid performer. I keep sticks of the regular and tubes of Sensitive in my cabinet. There will be no worries with La Toja. I would find it hard to believe, especially since it is so highly regarded by so many.

Hmmm. I love the performance of this soap, and if the mineral salts are gone, it might be nicer to my skin. I'm intrigued enough I think I'll order a stick and see. A spicier scent wouldn't bother me, either, although I agree with those who enjoy the sea salt and soapy clean vibe of the older sticks.

Hmmm. I love the performance of this soap, and if the mineral salts are gone, it might be nicer to my skin. I'm intrigued enough I think I'll order a stick and see. A spicier scent wouldn't bother me, either, although I agree with those who enjoy the sea salt and soapy clean vibe of the older sticks.
The mineral salts are not gone. They just added table salt.

The mineral salts are not gone. They just added table salt.
Ah, I see that now. Well, maybe still worth a shot. I've been surprised a time or two before when seemingly minor tweaks to a formula wound up having a big impact, for better or for worse.

Used the new formula today and it’s some of the best performing soap I have tried , no issues whatsoever , scent is great , very happy and I’ll stock up to be honest as it’s one of my favorites.

You're lucky, I can't stand the new scent; to me is like somehow racind tallow with slightly floral scent. Fortunately, the propoerties are the same as before, but nothing to do with the original fragance.

• Sad
Reactions: nav

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You're lucky, I can't stand the new scent; to me is like somehow racind tallow with slightly floral scent. Fortunately, the propoerties are the same as before, but nothing to do with the original fragance.
Rotten flowers sounds right up my alley! :letterk1:

I like the smell of the current version. To me, it smells like bathing with pure soap in the deep ocean. It is clean and a bit salty. It's funny how people's noses are different.

The sensitive cream isn't as strong, sort of plain and salty. It is clean smelling, like fresh from a bath.

Good to hear the new version performs well. I have 11 of the prior iteration which should last a while. Warming up a fresh stick right now to smash into an OS mug. One of if not the best shave out there.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
At this point it seems there's a general consensus on the new La Toja regarding performance, which almost everyone confirmed has remained at top level. Scent instead is dividing fans between those who enjoy the latest fragrance and those who cannot stand it. Honestly, I LOVE the soapy-salty scent of the previous version and really hope to like the new one as well.

Seems like every one of these "Oh no, they reformulated it!" threads catches my attention these days. I recently added to my store of La Toja before finding this thread only to learn that I got the "new" table salt formula so I decided to give it a try and compare it to the remaining earlier version I still have. The scent off the stick is definitely different. More bite and spice to my nose. I bowl lather all my soaps so I grated some into the bowl. The lather is incredible. Thick and slick. I run some water over my face with my hand after each pass and it was lathering up enough to shave with. And the scent mellows quite a bit so no big deal. All in all, very satisfactory.

I’m finding it hard to get to any of my other soaps and splashes , after stocking up on a handful of sticks and a fresh bottle of splash , I may not see any other products for a while.

Reactions: d_e
Big mistake on my part. I purchased four sticks, which I thought were all reformulated. As it turns out, three were reformulated and the fourth was the old formula that I reviewed last week. So, I’ll try one of the reformulated sticks later this week.

Reactions: d_e

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Could someone who already owns the NEW stick post a clear photo of the back of the plastic cap with the full ingredients list, please? I desire to save it on my smartphone and check it when in Spain this summer. I just want to be sure to buy the newest reformulated La Toja stick. Thanks!

Top Bottom