What's new

King Gillette Weekend

Mitchell — do you shave with a steeper angle with the ‘34?
Definitely steeper than when using the Sheraton. I was interested to read someone else suggesting the 1936 Aristocrat and Sheraton have the same head since I had pondered with keeping an eye out for a 1936 but I have less love for my Sheraton so not so sure now.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Definitely steeper than when using the Sheraton. I was interested to read someone else suggesting the 1936 Aristocrat and Sheraton have the same head since I had pondered with keeping an eye out for a 1936 but I have less love for my Sheraton so not so sure now.
Yes — the ‘36 and the Sheraton both have ‘fatter’ heads than the ‘34. I’m with you — love the ‘34!

Gillette 1921 Bulldog / Gillette Silver Blue

IMG_2397.jpeg

Very efficient and not so smooth. More than any other OC razor, I could really feel the comb. I will give it another test ride this week.

I want to compare the geometry of the Bulldog, my ball end OT and my double ring, but the double ring is with Cap getting a tune up (should be back this week). It will be interesting to view these three side by side.

Aristocrat #15 open comb with a new Derby Extra blade, Wilkinson sword blue soap bowl. Pleasantly surprised with the blade, I usually find them mediocre at best but found it worked really well in this razor

Well sir, I too enjoyed the joys of the #66 today. It is a wonderful shaver.

The other key player in today’s shave was a brand new soap that I just this morning picked up at the post office: The Myrsol Blue soap/croap/creme. Discovered it by chance and as I do like the aftershave I thought why not, even though a few reviews said it was hard to lather. Still, as it was very cheap I jumped at it and it turned out to be a really nice soap. The lathering was actually very easy, just needed fast swirling and quite a bit of water - provided lots of very nice lather. Quite a strong scent very much following the aftershave scent profile. Recommended.

0B2BBE70-705A-466B-B922-91B3BDDC80CE.jpeg

1956 Blue Tip paired with an Astra SP, Stirling Finest Badger 24mm Fan, Stirling Black Cherry soap, Stirling Satsuma balm, Captain’s Choice Copper Bowl.

Well sir, I too enjoyed the joys of the #66 today. It is a wonderful shaver.

The other key player in today’s shave was a brand new soap that I just this morning picked up at the post office: The Myrsol Blue soap/croap/creme. Discovered it by chance and as I do like the aftershave I thought why not, even though a few reviews said it was hard to lather. Still, as it was very cheap I jumped at it and it turned out to be a really nice soap. The lathering was actually very easy, just needed fast swirling and quite a bit of water - provided lots of very nice lather. Quite a strong scent very much following the aftershave scent profile. Recommended.

View attachment 974111
Peter, is this the new addition to your Crat family?

I am starting to sense a theme with your AS and soap, BLUE. I used the Furaso 50 the other day, it is really growing on me! :thumbup:

Peter, is this the new addition to your Crat family?

I am starting to sense a theme with your AS and soap, BLUE. I used the Furaso 50 the other day, it is really growing on me! :thumbup:

No this is my #70 that I have had for more than a year, love that thing :001_tt1: - Am still awaiting the mailman, hopefully I can report sometime in the coming week.

And yes, I am a Kind of Blue guy (pun intended, haha).

I am stoked that you like the Furaso 50, Thomas, thanks! - I was myself running low on the ‘Reuzepsilon Blu’ and mixed a new portion this morning. This time I added also about 25% Aqua Velva Ice Blue just for kicks, looking forward to try it.

I too am going biking this Sunday, spring has come to Denmark with a vengeance - 20 degrees celcius today (=68 degrees Fahrenheit). YES!

Happy shaves!

Top Bottom