What's new

King Gillette Weekend

Gillette Popular with a new Derby Extra blade, proraso pre-shave cream and Taylor’s of Old Bond Street lavender shaving cream for an excellent shave

Hey, I can post here having used a Single Ring for one half of my shave this AM.

Attachments

• DD.jpg
    DD.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 6
Thomas, that’s just a stunning looker - how was the shave?

I cannot post this weeking in this thread as I used the Deluxe yesterday and today skipped shaving because I took a bike ride again, wonderful!
How dare you not shave with a Gillette on the weekend!

The ND Criterion was a terrific shave. I used B&M Lavanille soap with the GSB. It was a smooth, but not entirely efficient shave. I am always a bit cautious when using an OC for the first time, so I suspect that had something to do with the lack of efficiency. The feel in the hand is nearly perfect for a smaller handled razor. Good weight and balance. I tend to prefer a razor with some heft, so this razor is to my liking. Having a couple of heavier modern razors, it is always interesting going back and forth from the vintage to the modern as far as weight and feel of the actual razor.

The ND DeLuxe Criterion will be around for a while. Not so sure about the Bulldog.

I suspect you are enjoying the Darwin Deluxe?

How dare you not shave with a Gillette on the weekend!

The ND Criterion was a terrific shave. I used B&M Lavanille soap with the GSB. It was a smooth, but not entirely efficient shave. I am always a bit cautious when using an OC for the first time, so I suspect that had something to do with the lack of efficiency. The feel in the hand is nearly perfect for a smaller handled razor. Good weight and balance. I tend to prefer a razor with some heft, so this razor is to my liking. Having a couple of heavier modern razors, it is always interesting going back and forth from the vintage to the modern as far as weight and feel of the actual razor.

The ND DeLuxe Criterion will be around for a while. Not so sure about the Bulldog.

I suspect you are enjoying the Darwin Deluxe?

Dangit, Thomas - now I need to find a Criterion!

And yes, I am enjoying the Deluxe, use it maybe once every couple of weeks - but have to say I enjoy my Aristocrats more!

1941 Ranger Tech with a fresh Gillette Nacet blade and Taylor’s of Old Bond Street lavender shaving cream. Excellent results as always with this razor

At my summerhouse this weekend and for once did not bring any special razors. So shaved yesterday with my trusted beat-up travel set, used the Tech baseplate. Hmmm maybe I am outgrowing my postwar US Tech plate (read: I am getting stiffer old man’s beard)? Just not as efficient. Think the RFB plate is up today - or maybe I even won’t shave, feel like slacking it today :)

84DF0BBC-7D3E-46E8-8284-8AA85CEEC6AF.jpeg

Gillette 4th generation Brit Aristocrat with Gillette Nacet. First time using the 4th generation Aristocrat. Mild, very smooth and the word that comes to mind is "effortless". It feels like it requires a different blade angle than the 1st and 3rd gen Crats that I own, which took a pass to get the feel. Great way to start my Saturday.

IMG_2488.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Gillette 4th generation Brit Aristocrat with Gillette Nacet. First time using the 4th generation Aristocrat. Mild, very smooth and the word that comes to mind is "effortless". It feels like it requires a different blade angle than the 1st and 3rd gen Crats that I own, which took a pass to get the feel. Great way to start my Saturday.

View attachment 979792
Glad to hear it, Tom. Do you now possess all 4 Generations of British Crats?

Top Bottom