What's new

King Gillette Weekend

View attachment 960764 First use of my newly acquired Aristocrat #66 with a fresh Personna blade and Taylor’s of Old Bond Street lavender shave cream

First spin with a 4th Gen British Aristocrat. Wow! I didn’t expect to like it as much as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen—but it was amazing. So smooth and intuitive. This one is staying in my rotation for sure.

Dan & Mitch - Congrats on shaving with such fine specimens. I also adore my #66 and #70. In my book, for smoothness, they are better than the earlier Brit Aristocrats. The others may have a slight upper hand in looks, not least the OC, but nothing beats the shave of a 4th gen.

Dan - I find that the 4th gen is the razor coming closest to the Hybrid in terms of smoothness - what do you think?

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Dan & Mitch - Congrats on shaving with such fine specimens. I also adore my #66 and #70. In my book, for smoothness, they are better than the earlier Brit Aristocrats. The others may have a slight upper hand in looks, not least the OC, but nothing beats the shave of a 4th gen.

Dan - I find that the 4th gen is the razor coming closest to the Hybrid in terms of smootness - what do you think?
Peter ... that’s exactly what I thought after the second stroke of the razor. Virtually no blade feel, chatter or vibration. Amazingly smooth. And the third pass on both the Hybrid and this 4th Gen is also really comfortable.

Gillette 1941 Gold Tech / Gillette 7 O'Clock

IMG_2261 2.jpeg

Pulled out my H3 Slim, loaded up a Nacet on it's 3rd outing, and had a great BBS shave. First shave with a Soap Commander Soap (Endurance).

6244D135-695F-48FE-B0BC-7E5A6C2C6CE3.jpeg

Both yesterday and today fantastic slow shaves courtesy of my wonderful 1930s #15 open comb, most kindly sold to me by @Tester28.

I LOVE THAT THING :001_tt1:, it is almost becoming my daily driver of late. So efficient, smooth and mild. And built like a tank, I feel I could use this daily for 3 lifetimes and it would still keep going!

Software homebrews today:
Soap: Valobra spiced with eucalyptus and menthol crystals.
Splash: ‘Reuzepsilon Blu’, my 50/50 mix of Reuzel and Epsilon Blu, again spiced with eucaluptus and menthol crystals.

And listening to old jazz while shaving, this Sunday starts just right.

Happy shaves, everybody!

I always use modern handles on my Old Type heads - here's a Bulldog 85mm. Excellent combination, total weight 99g. Gives me a better shave than the original handles and much better in the hand. I put the quality of the shave ahead of any historical considerations.

Old Type+Ikon B'dog.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Newly acquired ‘rose door’ #15 with stellar B&M Cheshire. The perfect cup of tea for a calm Sunday morning.FE66599F-0DB1-4059-84E8-81170485F89E.jpeg

Took my H3 Slim for another spin, with the same Nacet (now on it's 4th shave). Swapped in my Stirling Tuscany soap, with the same 30mm Tuxedo Synthetic. Downed to 7 for a more relaxed shave, enjoying all 3 passes.

Silver tuckaway with a new Gillette Nacet blade, Razorock lime burst shaving soap using aluminium Razorock 400 brush and Givenchy Gentlemen Only aftershave. Pleasing shave with excellent results

Top Bottom