What's new

King Gillette Weekend

38CADC02-F9DE-4514-9585-F22B7FEBD03F.jpeg First use of my newly acquired Aristocrat #66 with a fresh Personna blade and Taylor’s of Old Bond Street lavender shave cream

Decided to dust off the New LC, dropping in the Personna Blue on it's 4th outing. Two days growth was no problem, making for a nice close BBS shave, with nice comfort.

Used Stirling Tuscany, and my 30mm synthetic, making for 3 fantastic passes. Topped with my Mentholated Witchazel, some Old Spice type AS, and unscented balm. Great way to start a dreary, rainy day, up beat.

How did you like the OC on this one? Comparisons to the Gillette new or old type? I’ve never used a TTO, OC Straights derailed me before I got that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very used to SB's, so any open comb will take some getting used to. With that said, it feels great in the hand and on the face. It is one beautiful razor as well. Comparisons are hard for me. I would say it is less aggressive, more efficient than the old and new OC's, but comparable to the 44 RFB, but even smoother. I have only used it one time, so this is a very small sample size. I had such a BBS shave after using the #15 yesterday, I went with the Ranger Tech today. Also a very smooth shaver.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
First spin with a 4th Gen British Aristocrat. Wow! I didn’t expect to like it as much as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen—but it was amazing. So smooth and intuitive. This one is staying in my rotation for sure.

Attachments

• 0C10B802-010B-4DB4-803D-5F4E7F75D245.jpeg
    0C10B802-010B-4DB4-803D-5F4E7F75D245.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Top Bottom