What's new

Kindle Tablets...?

Also Target is no longer selling any Kindles in their stores. Supposedly there was a fallout between Amazon and Target so Target pretty much said "screw you" and stopped selling them. But they still sell a lot of the Kindle accesories.

My guess is that Apple had a hand in it, because Apple is testing a new concept in Target stores in which they are setting up little "mini" Apple stores so you can walk in and purchase anything the Apple store curretly offers (not sure about the Macs or their other higher end computers).

Last edited:
One other thing to know -- with the Kindle Touch, and the original Kindle I bought for my wife, you only need to charge the device once or twice a week. With the Kindle Fire, you might need to charge it twice a day if you use it a lot!

Also Target is no longer selling any Kindles in their stores. Supposedly there was a fallout between Amazon and Target so Target pretty much said "screw you" and stopped selling them. But they still sell a lot of the Kindle accesories.

My guess is that Apple had a hand in it, because Apple is testing a new concept in Target stores in which they are setting up little "mini" Apple stores so you can walk in and purchase anything the Apple store curretly offers (not sure about the Macs or their other higher end computers).
That's interesting. I bought the wife's at Target during Christmas, so that's kind of funny to hear.

One other thing to know -- with the Kindle Touch, and the original Kindle I bought for my wife, you only need to charge the device once or twice a week. With the Kindle Fire, you might need to charge it twice a day if you use it a lot!

I have not had this issue and I use mine daily.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Upon further reflection (and after seeing the TV ad + online research), the Mrs. and I are 'set' and have change our minds and will now go with Nook's ($139USD), Simple Touch w/ GlowLight (it will 'fit' all our needs)!!!! :thumbsup:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/noo...ght-barnes-noble/1108046469?ean=9781400501717

proxy.php
"Reading is to mind what exercise is to the body. Joseph Addison

Attachments

• $169671656.jpg
    $169671656.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 19
  • $169671658.jpg
    $169671658.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 19
  • $169671660.jpg
    $169671660.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 19
  • $169671662.jpg
    $169671662.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 19
  • $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 19
Not much I can add to this besides what others have already said.

I will say that if you're looking for a tablet tablet... Get an iPad. You'll probably regret anything else in terms of sheer usefulness. There is even a Kindle app for reading ebooks if that's your fancy. I'd go for the iPad 3 (the New iPad) with the retina display. Super crisp text.

If you're looking at just reading books, save yourself a ton of money and just get the low end Kindle ($80) it serves the job well and I love mine. I had the original Kindle, bought the second generation, and just replaced the second gen with the newest $80 one. I also have an iPad, and 2 iPad 3's (work).

For web browsing and movie watching and PDF reading... iPad wins.. Hands down. No contest. Do not pass go. Game over. iPad.

For reading novels, the Kindle wins.

The new Nook looks ok. But I'm already heavily invested in the Amazon eco-system and don't have any desire to even look at the Nook.

I can't speak for the Kindle fire, but I use the non-touch screen Kindle, and I read with it every day, and I have to charge about once a month. The battery life is excellent, and it's well worth the money.

Top Bottom