What's new

Keto

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Made a Keto Seafood Quiche. Fathead pastry crust. The filling is from a Keto Crustless Quiche recipe on pintrest. But who wants a crustless quiche anyway? Super Lump Crabmeat and sautéed shrimp. Yummy. The standard recipe yields two quiches.

2021-07-01 18.17.22.jpg

My contribution to this keto thread - Don’t, don’t, don’t use Stirling’s “Barbershop” if you’re on it…

1E39E28A-FF4D-4D82-BEB8-19B936D99D04.gif
😫😆

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Anyone have an air fryer? First impression - seems like a counter hog.

I have a ninja. Its a game changer. Air Fries, Pressure Cooks, Steams, Dehydrates, Saute's, Bakes, Broils and much more. It cooks a lot of things better than the traditional methods. I can cook a batch of babyback ribs in about 20 minutes, and it tastes amazing. The best salmon. I bought a cast iron insert, and can sear filet mignon better than in my oven or on the stove. Cooks rice, steams veggies. You can make one-pot pasta with sauce, meat and a baked cheesy topping with less mess, in about 20 minutes. There are endless things you can do. I originally bought it to consolidate several other appliances. So for me it was a counter space saving maneuver. But it really has upped our cooking game quite a bit.

Thanks for posting about the biscuits. I tried them out this morning. They are actually pretty good. One of the better keto baked goods recipes I have tried thus far. I used the parchment paper method shown in the video, but I think they will hold their shape a lot better if I use the little silicone cups they also showed in the video. These came out a little flat. But that has no bearing on the taste. I hate sour cream, so i used the suggestion above and substituted 4 TSP of heavy cream. This was pretty yummy. I am going to see how they do toasted. It goes in my keto recipe collection. I will make this again.
2021-07-09 08.08.39 (2).jpg

I have a ninja. Its a game changer. Air Fries, Pressure Cooks, Steams, Dehydrates, Saute's, Bakes, Broils and much more. It cooks a lot of things better than the traditional methods.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you, or can you add fat (butter, olive oil, etc.) when you cook with it, or is that superceded with this method?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Keto Sausage Rolls. I was inspired by this dish on the Great British Bake Off. Being an American, Sauage Rolls aren't something we had growing up. But when I saw them on the Bake Off, I was driven to do a healthier version. Fathead dough, sausage filler, a smidge of mild cheddar sprinkled in. That's it. Egg wash and sesame seeds on top. Bake. Scrummy! About 1 net gram of carbs per piece. 4 pieces per serving. 16 pieces per batch, so 4 servings per batch.

20210727_070639.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I have a ninja. Its a game changer. Air Fries, Pressure Cooks, Steams, Dehydrates, Saute's, Bakes, Broils and much more. It cooks a lot of things better than the traditional methods. I can cook a batch of babyback ribs in about 20 minutes, and it tastes amazing. The best salmon. I bought a cast iron insert, and can sear filet mignon better than in my oven or on the stove. Cooks rice, steams veggies. You can make one-pot pasta with sauce, meat and a baked cheesy topping with less mess, in about 20 minutes. There are endless things you can do. I originally bought it to consolidate several other appliances. So for me it was a counter space saving maneuver. But it really has upped our cooking game quite a bit.

Thanks for posting about the biscuits. I tried them out this morning. They are actually pretty good. One of the better keto baked goods recipes I have tried thus far. I used the parchment paper method shown in the video, but I think they will hold their shape a lot better if I use the little silicone cups they also showed in the video. These came out a little flat. But that has no bearing on the taste. I hate sour cream, so i used the suggestion above and substituted 4 TSP of heavy cream. This was pretty yummy. I am going to see how they do toasted. It goes in my keto recipe collection. I will make this again.
View attachment 1294124
I’m working on these rolls and yours look fantastic. I’ve got everything I need I just need the will. I don’t have an air fryer but I think the oven will do just fine.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I’m working on these rolls and yours look fantastic. I’ve got everything I need I just need the will. I don’t have an air fryer but I think the oven will do just fine.

i didn’t say those were done in the ninja. They were baked in a plain old school oven.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I could’ve sworn that you cook those in the ninja. Well anyway yours turned out good. They are on my list of things to do for keto.
If you need my recipe, shoot me a pm. It's really a hybrid of several recipes from the web, plus the stuff i learned on the Bake off. I've made them 4 or 5 times now and have really perfected them.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Made a Keto Seafood Quiche. Fathead pastry crust. The filling is from a Keto Crustless Quiche recipe on pintrest. But who wants a crustless quiche anyway? Super Lump Crabmeat and sautéed shrimp. Yummy. The standard recipe yields two quiches.

Please post the recipe!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I could’ve sworn that you cooked those in the ninja. Well anyway yours turned out good. They are on my list of things to do for keto.
So I thought you were talking about the sausage rolls. If you are talking about the biscuits, then yes, those are air fried. Sorry for the confusion.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Please post the recipe!

So here is the recipe for my variation on the Fathead Dough / Pastry Crust. I use this for pizza crust, as well as a pastry crust for things like Quiche, Sausage Rolls, Stromboli, etc. I have listed optional ingredients that I add to adjust the flavor for the various things I make with it. Fathead dough has been a wonderous thing for my healthy eating. It allows me to eat pizza above all, and stay on my diet. Here you go. I will post the quiche recipe afterwards. But basically you make the Fathead dough without any of the optional ingredients, roll it out, and line the quiche/tart pans with the raw dough, then fill it with the Quiche filling and bake. These recipes will yield two 9" quiches. Reach out if you have questions.

======================
FATHEAD Dough (Brad's Variation)
======================

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups shredded Mozzarella
3/4 cup almond flour
2 TBSP cream cheese
1 egg
pinch salt

Optional Ingredients:
2 TBSP butter
1/4 cup shredded parm cheese
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp oregano

- Mix almond flour, moz and optional parm chese in microwave safe bowl. throw in the cream cheese. Microwave on hight for 1 minute. mix. microwave another 30 seconds.

- add all of the other flavoring ingredients, spices, and the egg. Mix gently until well blended into a dough ball

- use two slices of parchment paper. Roll the dough out in to the desired shape. If dough gets tough, put back into microwave for 10 to 20 secs

- To make as pizza: preheat oven to 425f. Poke dough with fork all across the bottom to make little vent holes. cook just the fathead crust for 7 to 10 minutes until crust starts to brown. Then cover with toppings, bake for additional 7 to 12 minutes. Watch it. Make sure it doesn't burn. As soon as cheese starts to brown its done

** Carb info:

The whole dough recipe (without pizza toppings) has 24 grams Carbs, 9.6 grams dietary fiber.... .which equals 14.4 net carbs for the entire batch of dough. So if you make a 6 slice pizza pie, that would be 2.4 net carbs for the dough per slice, plus toppings.
This dough/crust recipe will yield two 9" quiches, which we slice into 4 slices each, total 8 quiche slices. For the crust only, that would be 1.8 net carbs for the crust of each quiche slice.

======================================

Here is the recipe for the Quiche filling. I pretty much use this one as it was posted online except I change out the proteins as desired. Its a crustless quiche recipe, but I line the quiche pans with the fathead dough above to make it a quiche with a proper crust. Then I also switch out the bacon for other ingredients such as shrimp and crabmeat in the example I posted above. I have also substituted other cheeses such as cheddar, etc. This will yield two 9" quiches. Enjoy!

Crustless Keto Quiche.png

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
So here is the recipe for my variation on the Fathead Dough / Pastry Crust. I use this for pizza crust, as well as a pastry crust for things like Quiche, Sausage Rolls, Stromboli, etc. I have listed optional ingredients that I add to adjust the flavor for the various things I make with it. Fathead dough has been a wonderous thing for my healthy eating. It allows me to eat pizza above all, and stay on my diet. Here you go. I will post the quiche recipe afterwards. But basically you make the Fathead dough without any of the optional ingredients, roll it out, and line the quiche/tart pans with the raw dough, then fill it with the Quiche filling and bake. These recipes will yield two 9" quiches. Reach out if you have questions.

======================
FATHEAD Dough (Brad's Variation)
======================

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups shredded Mozzarella
3/4 cup almond flour
2 TBSP cream cheese
1 egg
pinch salt

Optional Ingredients:
2 TBSP butter
1/4 cup shredded parm cheese
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp oregano

- Mix almond flour, moz and optional parm chese in microwave safe bowl. throw in the cream cheese. Microwave on hight for 1 minute. mix. microwave another 30 seconds.

- add all of the other flavoring ingredients, spices, and the egg. Mix gently until well blended into a dough ball

- use two slices of parchment paper. Roll the dough out in to the desired shape. If dough gets tough, put back into microwave for 10 to 20 secs

- To make as pizza: preheat oven to 425f. Poke dough with fork all across the bottom to make little vent holes. cook just the fathead crust for 7 to 10 minutes until crust starts to brown. Then cover with toppings, bake for additional 7 to 12 minutes. Watch it. Make sure it doesn't burn. As soon as cheese starts to brown its done

** Carb info:

The whole dough recipe (without pizza toppings) has 24 grams Carbs, 9.6 grams dietary fiber.... .which equals 14.4 net carbs for the entire batch of dough. So if you make a 6 slice pizza pie, that would be 2.4 net carbs for the dough per slice, plus toppings.
This dough/crust recipe will yield two 9" quiches, which we slice into 4 slices each, total 8 quiche slices. For the crust only, that would be 1.8 net carbs for the crust of each quiche slice.

======================================

Here is the recipe for the Quiche filling. I pretty much use this one as it was posted online except I change out the proteins as desired. Its a crustless quiche recipe, but I line the quiche pans with the fathead dough above to make it a quiche with a proper crust. Then I also switch out the bacon for other ingredients such as shrimp and crabmeat in the example I posted above. I have also substituted other cheeses such as cheddar, etc. This will yield two 9" quiches. Enjoy!

Thanks!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Keto Sous Vide Egg Bites in the Ninja this morning. Easy to make. Tasted great. Super low carb. Definitely gonna add these to the regular rotation.

20210803_185553.jpg

Fathead bread rolls

Ingredients
1½ cups shredded mozzarella
2 tbs cream cheese
1 cup almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Melt the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese together in the microwave.
Next, add the almond flour, baking powder and beaten egg. Stir well to mix.
Once the dough is cool enough to handle, knead it with your hands to get it smooth. If it is too sticky add some extra almond flour, and knead again.
Divide the mixture into 8 parts, and shape each portion into a ball. Place each one on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Bake for 9-10 minutes until golden brown on top.

4g net carbs per serving (two rolls)

proxy.php

Top Bottom