What's new

Keto

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I have a ninja. Its a game changer. Air Fries, Pressure Cooks, Steams, Dehydrates, Saute's, Bakes, Broils and much more. It cooks a lot of things better than the traditional methods. I can cook a batch of babyback ribs in about 20 minutes, and it tastes amazing. The best salmon. I bought a cast iron insert, and can sear filet mignon better than in my oven or on the stove. Cooks rice, steams veggies. You can make one-pot pasta with sauce, meat and a baked cheesy topping with less mess, in about 20 minutes. There are endless things you can do. I originally bought it to consolidate several other appliances. So for me it was a counter space saving maneuver. But it really has upped our cooking game quite a bit.

Thanks for posting about the biscuits. I tried them out this morning. They are actually pretty good. One of the better keto baked goods recipes I have tried thus far. I used the parchment paper method shown in the video, but I think they will hold their shape a lot better if I use the little silicone cups they also showed in the video. These came out a little flat. But that has no bearing on the taste. I hate sour cream, so i used the suggestion above and substituted 4 TSP of heavy cream. This was pretty yummy. I am going to see how they do toasted. It goes in my keto recipe collection. I will make this again.
View attachment 1294124
I made me up some and they were surprisingly delicious. The texture was really good. I don’t have an air fryer so I set my oven for 425° for about 12 to 15 minutes. It turned out pretty good I’m impressed. Next time I’m going to add Parmesan cheese as well. Maybe even some herbs like Rosemary or thyme.
BA39468D-A5B7-4AAF-AC35-FE121FB85074.jpeg
673A5E1B-1040-49A1-9E5C-69D0C8E7AA13.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I made me up some and they were surprisingly delicious. The texture was really good. I don’t have an air fryer so I set my oven for 425° for about 12 to 15 minutes. It turned out pretty good I’m impressed. Next time I’m going to add Parmesan cheese as well. Maybe even some herbs like Rosemary or thyme.View attachment 1309405View attachment 1309406
Those look great. Thanks for sharing!

Oh, man... I need to get back on Keto. I did it prior to COVID and have never felt better in my life.

The beer is hard for me to drop though...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Those look great. Thanks for sharing!
Next time I will use my silicone rings. They are approximately 3.5 inches in diameter. I think they would make a good bun For a breakfast sandwich. You know just like an egg cheese and sausage.

…..Now I’m hungry.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Next time I will use my silicone rings. They are approximately 3.5 inches in diameter. I think they would make a good bun For a breakfast sandwich. You know just like an egg cheese and sausage.

…..Now I’m hungry.
Yep, I did it, check it out:

The pan sausage is from elk and is a little spicy. The buns are magnificent and I’ll use them for almost everything from here on out.

776868F6-2EE8-4087-A77A-3415B6A6A4A0.jpeg
D0360CD9-2F8C-4C1A-845E-B9C5B1275DFC.jpeg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Needed to check this thread that's the same as my username. Good looking food.
Needed to check this thread that's the same as my username. Good looking food.

So nice you checked it twice!

... is your username connected to your enjoyment of this particular diet, or is it just a co-inky-dince?

So nice you checked it twice!

... is your username connected to your enjoyment of this particular diet, or is it just a co-inky-dince?
Haha looks like a technical glitch and I don't see any way to delete one of those posts.

No I'm not really connected to the keto diet thing although it's probably good. Happens to be my handle Keto, from years ago what a weight lifting Buddy started calling me.

I started hard core Keto 18 months ago as my weight was out of control and my Doc said my numbers were out of range, well in the beginning I was limiting myself to 25 carbs a day and kept this going but after a year I started slowly raising my intake while watching my weight.

I started Jan 1 2020 at 260.5 and today I’m at 189.3 and I feel so much better, I will openly admit I’m not at my 25 carbs per day and I do indulge in pizza and other high carb items but do still track them and my limit is 75-100 per day and most days I’m at the 75 but I’m still slowly dropping weight but I also do intermittent fasting of 16/8

My end goal is to get to 180 and hold and I will do what is needed to maintain this, I can’t believe how much better I feel and I honestly don’t go hungry even at my current calorie intake.

I have taken advantage of so many here on their knowledge and recipes so big thanks to everyone that continue to help me.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I started hard core Keto 18 months ago as my weight was out of control and my Doc said my numbers were out of range, well in the beginning I was limiting myself to 25 carbs a day and kept this going but after a year I started slowly raising my intake while watching my weight.

I started Jan 1 2020 at 260.5 and today I’m at 189.3 and I feel so much better, I will openly admit I’m not at my 25 carbs per day and I do indulge in pizza and other high carb items but do still track them and my limit is 75-100 per day and most days I’m at the 75 but I’m still slowly dropping weight but I also do intermittent fasting of 16/8

My end goal is to get to 180 and hold and I will do what is needed to maintain this, I can’t believe how much better I feel and I honestly don’t go hungry even at my current calorie intake.

I have taken advantage of so many here on their knowledge and recipes so big thanks to everyone that continue to help me.

Congrats on getting healthy. At 75 to 100 grams of carbs per day, what do you set your calories to in order to still lose weight? As per Keto regimen, I dont typically track caloric intake. But I may start. Thanks.

Congrats on getting healthy. At 75 to 100 grams of carbs per day, what do you set your calories to in order to still lose weight? As per Keto regimen, I dont typically track caloric intake. But I may start. Thanks.

I try to keep caloric intake around 1500-1700 for the day and track by macronutrients and even then it’s still hard.

I have be doing intermittent fasting for quite awhile and try to do 16/8 or 18/6… I’m sure I have had some muscle loss but once I get my weight down to like 180 my plan to is to switch things up alittle and go to a higher protein less fat intake but keep my carb intake low.

@BradWorld here is snapshot of my meals for the day so far, my breakfast normally is a 12 Oz cold brew coffee with heavy cream and then I have one bigger meal then a snack but I do all of this within a 6-8 hr window and that’s it for the day, intermittent fasting is frowned upon by most Heath Professionals but my Doctor when I told her said nothing bad, heck even talking with the nutritionist on their office didn't say anything bad about it and said lots do it with great success but said a person can loose muscle as well as far but like said once I get my weight down to hopefully 180# I can pack back some muscle and get to and hold 190# and the would suit me fine and that will still be a total loss of 70#

I have been using this MyPlate App for almost two years and it helps a lot in keeping me walking somewhat of a straight line

7E18816B-A258-403B-9C83-06E5217AF7E3.png
30386B18-D2F8-47BF-B59B-C74A78F8529E.png
EC5368FE-1280-4563-B9C3-911A094A60B8.png

And with the above I still have a dinner/snack and it will fill out the rest of my calories for the day and will likely be high fat moderate protein and shoot for no carbs and I normally have all meals in a 6-8 hr window

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
And with the above I still have a dinner/snack and it will fill out the rest of my calories for the day and will likely be high fat moderate protein and shoot for no carbs and I normally have all meals in a 6-8 hr window

Sounds Great! I cant do IF because I have Crohn's and need to eat small meals across the day, otherwise I have issues. But I would if I could. :)

Sounds Great! I cant do IF because I have Crohn's and need to eat small meals across the day, otherwise I have issues. But I would if I could. :)

I have a close friend that has Crohn‘s and i fully understand that as he has told me what he deals with, I never thought IF would work for me because I LOVE TO EAT 👨‍🍳 but my weight was out of control and I chose to control my blood press along with other things thru diet and moderate exercise and not meds and so far it’s been working out and I have no plans on going back as I feel pretty good.

I do have low energy some days but I also work a rotating shift and I’m getting older but I needed something, I won’t say I’m perfect on following a strict diet and my Doctor hates the word diet and said I need to say “Chosen Lifestyle“ as diets indicate restrictive so I do what she advised and occasionally have things like pizza, burgers and other things and just don’t count calories for that day so I don’t have guilt set in.

Top Bottom