What's new

Keto

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Avos range wildly in price around here. Local supermarket has them regularly for $1.99 ea. Each! Not paying that. Luckily, just a bit further down the road we have a Sprouts market, avos there are 2/$1 or .69ea. Avocados are a staple in our house.

Did a chicken fajita with lots of cheese today....the mexican flavour and crunch of
onions and bell peppers was very good. Used cabbage leaves to roll
the stuffing. This is going on the regular menu.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Did a chicken fajita with lots of cheese today....the mexican flavour and crunch of
onions and bell peppers was very good. Used cabbage leaves to roll
the stuffing. This is going on the regular menu.
Never thought to use cabbage as a tortilla. Ill give it a try sometime.

Its not half as bad as it sounds....you need to peel the cabbage layers off,
taking care they don't break...then boil them in salty water about
2-3 minutes so they are still a bit crunchy.

I bbq some cabbage yesterday. Cut into wedges, add a sprinkle of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Put it in foil and cook till slightly caramelized. Yum

Ruckin

Despite not being on strict keto anymore, today was still very low carb. Lunch was Splenda and cinnamon salmon with lots of salad and asparagus. Dinner was grilled chicken with sugar free Hughes Hickory BBQ sauce. You guys gotta try that stuff! Night cap was two cans of sardines with Montreal steak seasoning and hot sauce.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Just bought one. Plan to try it out tomorrow night.

NEVER plant 4 zucchini plants LOL. We're going to be eating and giving away a lot of zucchini.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
It will be simple- squash and zucchini in home made spaghetti sauce.

I have 18 tomato plants. 4 yellow squash.

Made spaghetti sauce this afternoon with some of my Romas canned from last year. Sweet Italian pepper, green bell pepper, onion and garlic from this year. Spiralized some zucchini using the FS blade and it was great. Steamed for one minute and drained in the colander. Next serving tried just putting the hot spaghetti sauce over the raw Spiralized zucchini. Every bit as good. Less trouble.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have 18 tomato plants. 4 yellow squash.

Made spaghetti sauce this afternoon with some of my Romas canned from last year. Sweet Italian pepper, green bell pepper, onion and garlic from this year. Spiralized some zucchini using the FS blade and it was great. Steamed for one minute and drained in the colander. Next serving tried just putting the hot spaghetti sauce over the raw Spiralized zucchini. Every bit as good. Less trouble.
Was that the equivalent of the angel hair blade? I will probably do the spaghetti sized blade. I was thinking 2 minutes for that- does that sound about right?

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Was that the equivalent of the angel hair blade? I will probably do the spaghetti sized blade. I was thinking 2 minutes for that- does that sound about right?

AH is 2mm, the FS is 3mm, just a little bigger. I liked the texture of 1 minute steam. It was not soft or mushy You can try 2 minutes. I read that 2 minutes is about the max for boiling, didn't find much info on steaming. Shake it off well or dawb it a little with a paper towel to remove excess water or your sauce will be runny.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
AH is 2mm, the FS is 3mm, just a little bigger. I liked the texture of 1 minute steam. It was not soft or mushy You can try 2 minutes. I read that 2 minutes is about the max for boiling, didn't find much info on steaming. Shake it off well or dawb it a little with a paper towel to remove excess water or your sauce will be runny.
Thanks

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Also, do you peel or not?

Top Bottom