What's new

Kent BK8

^ That pic of the wet brush, must be fully wet as mine does not have that much flop.

The pic below was with a Soack BLK8, dripped excess and pic taken immediately. As you can see it's not as floppy as your appears, but I think yours is a previous generation and may exhibit different characteristics.

Don't get me wrong, mine does not have backbone like a D01.

Same here Bruce. Looks as though Kent did their homework. Here are two pics. One as you can see is a soaking wet dripped brush of my BLK12 with water streaming out. Brush is not floppy. While the other is my preferred method with just two gentle shakes of water taken out of the brush. Kent rocks. Too big? Too floppy? Not here.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1391476480500.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1391476480500.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 185
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1391476524620.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1391476524620.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 185

brucered

System Generated
^ Interesting...very interesting.

Glad to see others not finding it too floppy. Mine loads soft soap, hard soaps, face or bowl lather, it does it all.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Here's an older photo of my lil'ole BK4, but it had to be super saturated with water to be floppicized.
proxy.php

brucered

System Generated
I think any brush with a decent loft (not a 2XL or Chubby) will be floppy like that when soaked.

People get scared when they see a "Floppicized *" pic of a brush, but they need not be. It's not a realistic depiction of how the brush will perform.

* The term "Floppicized" has been used without permission by rockviper :001_tt2:

So it looks like a gradual evolution that Kent is taking looking at earlier brushes such as Turtles to mine. Good to know this company isn't sitting on it's rear but in fact doing R&D.

I love the BK8. I haven't used mine in a while, but it's one of those "iconic" brushes..... like a Chubby 2 in Super or a Duke 3 in Best. I find it a bit larger than what I'm in the mood for at times.... but it is pure luxury.... that's for sure.

Ben

Last few pics for me here. I want to put to rest any notion that a big brush like the BLK12 has difficulty lathering triple milled soap. Original tallow AOS loaded for 45 seconds. I love to load. Well the more astute of you will notice a dryer brush near the neck of the knot this allows such big brush to have a semblance of backbone. With a mixture of face painting and swirling I get the tiniest tickle of scritch and cloud like feel in this brush.
First pic: 45 sec load
Second pic: 5 passes and there is still a lot left.
Third pic: Squeezed out the brush and had a reasonable amount of lather left to do touch up if I wanted but I was done.
A friggin awesome brush.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1391486843343.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1391486843343.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 167
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1391486852241.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1391486852241.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 165
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1391486860824.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1391486860824.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 165
My chubby 2 dropped minimum 12 hairs per lather. To be fair Simpsons replaced it without quibbling. However I had to sell it on as didn't dare use the new one.
looking forward to bk8 :)

I have a BK8 in white, picked up of Amazon for a little over £50, still cheap imho. Now I've four Kents. A Pure T12 (massive), A boar T8 (limited run and abd superbly soft but scrubby), A H8 (a horn handle to die for and in the middle of boar and badger) and my BK8. The 8 is just a great all round brush. I face lather and shower shave, for me brilliant. Infact if I'm honest it's only the T12 that I feel may be too big and too scrubby.

proxy.php
it arrived today!!!!!!! So soft! Im well chuffed! :) will test soon!!! :)

Thanks for making this a good thread guys!

Congrats on a very fine looking brush! Beautiful. Let us know what you think of it after you give it a run a few times.:beer:

Top Bottom