What's new

Just scored a Barbasol DE. See these often?

proxy.php

Looks like a nice big heavy razor.
Anybody with knowledge or these care to comment on the shave?

One of my favorite DE's. Highly engineered and manufactured to high quality standards from what I've seen.

There are two variations and I haven't had the opportunity to shave with the one you have but the other varient shaves very well.

Regards,
Tom

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Pay close attention while your shaving, or you'll see how quickly it can double as a vegetable peeler.

I have a three piece Barbasol DE and I get fantastic shaves with it. I too bid on the razor and just missed the snipe.

Hard to find is what I gather.
I didn't see any in completed listings, and you couldn't find this one by keyword search.
It was listed as a 'Barbaso 1'

Hope you have some extra flesh to loose. I have one and it is very aggressive. I would shave with a feather/slant combo drunk before I would put a feather in that bad boy.

Be warned.

I have one. It weighs about as much as an SUV and is a very aggressive razor. No pressure, don't go ATG until you've shaved with it for say 10 years or so.

I generally use a slant or a fatboy at 7 or 8 or lately an Ikon and so I more or less get along very well with aggressive razors, but I consider this one to be very aggressive.

10 years? :tongue:
Since I got my slant, I've been having such fun shaving so often that WTG is a waste of lather. I really don't think I can hold off that long once I get this thing. I might be able to wait a day to make a WTG pass worthwhile. :biggrin:

Top Bottom