What's new

Just Picked Up My New Shaving Stand

Hi everybody I'm a new poster longtime lurker. The advise has from this forum has been great. Thank you very much.

A local old school blacksmith finished my razor and brush stand today and I thought I would share it with you. I'm really excited with how it turned out. It's all one piece and made entirely with the hammer and anvil. He told me he had a blast making it, if anybody would like one let me know and I'll pass you his info. He charged me $60 for it and made it to my personal specs. I think I going to have him make me one that mounds to my bathroom wall next.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I though about calling a local potter (is that the right term?) and having them make me a scuttle. The idea of drawing from local talent and supporting them has much more value to me than a generic, faceless vendor. After seeing this I have to definitely add a blacksmith to the list.

That is a gorgeous stand. I love contrast of the curves against the material used and the rustic look of the whole piece. It's very organic looking. Seems like it would have a great weight, also, so it won't fall over all them time (not that it happens to me ;).

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That looks like something they used on William Wallace at the end of Braveheart. :w00t:

Cool!

I'll post the pics w/ the razor & brush a little later. Thank you for all the the PM's! Post photos of how your stands turn out!

Sorry for the delay on the photos. I should have them tomorrow. Thank you for all the PM's.

edit: I really love this stand, I think I'll have him make a toilet paper holder. :) Just kidding but he told me he could make me anything.

T

tworails

Thanks for all of the great post about the stand that I made I had fun making it!
Thanks
Rick
(Blacksmith)

Top Bottom